Week Eighteen: Minnesota Vikings (7-9) @ Detroit Lions (11-5)

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

I think it’s got to be Sunday Night or Monday Night

cowboys-packers is a marquee matchup.

chiefs versus either buffalo or miami is too.

rams-lions probably third.  but a buffalo or miami v pittsburgh matchup might be too.

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think it’s got to be Sunday Night or Monday Night

Dude...

No one wants to steal your thunder...

So you need to get that Playoff Game Thread up pronto! As soon as we know the date/ time!!!

Edited by 1984Echoes

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

How much of a worry is it that Sean McVay knows all of Goff's tendencies and will bring his defense ready to play, with a blitz-heavy scheme against him? I am certainly worried about that.

Not at all. He’s a different QB than he was with McVay.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

How much of a worry is it that Sean McVay knows all of Goff's tendencies and will bring his defense ready to play, with a blitz-heavy scheme against him? I am certainly worried about that.

Goff literally carved up the most blitz heavy team in the league twice. He also carved up the 2nd most blitz heavy team. Goff is very good against the blitz. Flores was supposed to have had Goff's number. There's a difference between blitz and pressure. 

Even if the Lions had “rested their starters”, do we really think LaPorta wouldn’t have got some throws to him? I think it would have been about resting and protecting Goff, St. Brown, Gibbs and Hutchison, maybe Montgomery. Laporta would have been well down the list. And Raymond is exactly who would have been getting more action.  

10 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Does he? Goff is a better QB than he was in LA, and the Lions O-Line is better than LA's D-line. 

You could just as easily say that McVay should be worried that Goff knows his tendencies, and can adjust the defense accordingly.

14 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Does he? Goff is a better QB than he was in LA, and the Lions O-Line is better than LA's D-line. 

You could just as easily say that McVay should be worried that Goff knows his tendencies, and can adjust the defense accordingly.

I'd certainly say that Goff is a more confident version of himself than he was in LA playing under McVay. Which in turn has made him a better QB and decisive with the types of throws and reads he feels he is capable of making. I do still worry that McVay knows the game plan on how to beat Goff. But as MB said earlier, a blitz-heavy scheme may not be as effective as I fear and its more the pressure that counts than simply dialing it up against Goff. If we can keep the pocket clean and pressure away from him than hopefully he can look strong against the Rams D, even if he is lack a few weapons (LaPorta and Raymond) to be able to light them up.