January 2024 Game Threads

1 hour ago, buddha said:

this was a huge win, btw.  between this and salvaging a point against the oilers in a game they were dominated in, their luck has started to turn a bit.

was kane hurt?

Just spotted this now. Came here to post. 

From the NHL.com game recap 

Detroit, which was coming off a 5-3 win against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, didn't arrive at Scotiabank Arena until about 90 minutes before puck drop. Really good win,” Red Wings coach Derek Lalonde said. “Really unique 24 hours. Obviously, I haven’t experienced 24 hours like that, I don’t think anyone in the League has. Weather, mechanical issues (with the airplane), it was crazy. To show up for a 7 o’clock in the National Hockey League at 6:15 is very unique and unusual, but I thought our guys handled it pretty well. There was things we couldn’t control in the last 24 hours, but the one thing we could control was our effort and execution, and for the most part, a pretty good job by the guys.”

The start time was pushed back half an hour from 7pm to 730pm. 

Edited by lordstanley

9 hours ago, lordstanley said:

From the NHL.com game recap 

Detroit, which was coming off a 5-3 win against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, didn't arrive at Scotiabank Arena until about 90 minutes before puck drop. Really good win,” Red Wings coach Derek Lalonde said. “Really unique 24 hours. Obviously, I haven’t experienced 24 hours like that, I don’t think anyone in the League has. Weather, mechanical issues (with the airplane), it was crazy. To show up for a 7 o’clock in the National Hockey League at 6:15 is very unique and unusual, but I thought our guys handled it pretty well. There was things we couldn’t control in the last 24 hours, but the one thing we could control was our effort and execution, and for the most part, a pretty good job by the guys.”

The start time was pushed back half an hour from 7pm to 730pm. 

LOL - don't give them time to think about what they have to do!

23 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

If the playoffs started today, the Wings would hold a wildcard spot. Lots of hockey to go obviously, but nice to see them back up there. 

I don't think the goal tending can hold at this level, but maybe Yzerman comes up with another Dman to lower the pressure a little.

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

If the playoffs started today, the Wings would hold a wildcard spot. Lots of hockey to go obviously, but nice to see them back up there. 

their pusuers have a lot of games in hand, unfortunately.

just keep winning and it will take care of itself.  hopefully kane is ok.

28 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

This TNT broadcast is awful, they have their studio guys just rambling to each other during the game.  No PBP.  Am I being trolled?

I think it was going to be an ESPN game until the Buffalo game got snowed it and the Wings-Panthers took over the TNT slot. If so, that could explain it. I'm getting the Red Wings' Bally feed though.

0-0 after 1. This is Lyon's 15th start of the season, matching his career high of starts in a season which he had last year in Florida. What a fortunate pickup - I believe Sloth identified the move as a positive at the time, I didn't know a thing about him.

Just now, lordstanley said:

0-0 after 1. This is Lyon's 15th start of the season, matching his career high of starts in a season which he had last year in Florida. What a fortunate pickup - I believe Sloth identified the move as a positive at the time, I didn't know a thing about him.

I questioned why in the world they would carry 3 goaltenders. In hindsight, it's good they did!