January 2024 Game Threads

35 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Wings rolling over the Flyers, Rasmussen just put in a lot of work to set up Copp for a short handed goal

As Ras decided to carry the puck I was thinking it was great to see the Wings playing the higher level game - don't just take an easy clear when you have some space - and bingo  - instant payoff.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

There was blood....Kostin's mouth. 

Also got his power button booped behind his ear and his legs gave out, Kostin got his ass kicked because he got tied up outside of his reach but Deslauriers could still hit him.  Nice to see Kostin step up at least, a couple of the Flyers were running around looking to start ****.

14 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Now, if Lalonde can get Kane to buy in to the the new found defensive intensity....

Vegas has been showing intense interest in trading for Kane...

I think Stevie should both buy AND sell this deadline.

Kane is nice and all... but he's 35 and has limitations... And not a long-term future for our next playoff team. Trade him, IMO, and instead go after a bigger, tougher, two way forward. I still want Lindholm from Calgary...

Just my 2 cents.

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Vegas has been showing intense interest in trading for Kane...

I think Stevie should both buy AND sell this deadline.

Kane is nice and all... but he's 35 and has limitations... And not a long-term future for our next playoff team. Trade him, IMO, and instead go after a bigger, tougher, two way forward. I still want Lindholm from Calgary...

Just my 2 cents.

who are you going to trade for lindholm and are you going to re-sign him for the $7-8 mil per year he's going to want?

10 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Prospects and picks (I'll let Stevie work out those details) and...

Yes.

i'd rather have chris tanev than lindholm.  

if you trade a first round pick and a top prospect (you want to give up kasper or edvinsson for a rental?) for lindholm, who do you cut?  

i would not trade patrick kane.  he's their best (only) offensively dynamic player.  and as max has pointed out recently, his underlying defensive numbers havent been bad either.  not because he plays defense, but because when he's on the ice the other team doesnt have a lot of the puck because kane is so good at possession 

i wouldnt trade kane, i would re-sign him.

15 minutes ago, buddha said:

i'd rather have chris tanev than lindholm.  

if you trade a first round pick and a top prospect (you want to give up kasper or edvinsson for a rental?) for lindholm, who do you cut?  

It's not going to cost Kasper or Edvinsson to get Lindholm. But nice try...

43 minutes ago, buddha said:

i would not trade patrick kane.  he's their best (only) offensively dynamic player.  and as max has pointed out recently, his underlying defensive numbers havent been bad either.  not because he plays defense, but because when he's on the ice the other team doesnt have a lot of the puck because kane is so good at possession 

i wouldnt trade kane, i would re-sign him.

IDK - Flashes, but I haven't yet seen Kane be pre-injury Kane consistently. Maybe he'll get there.