January 2024 Game Threads

12 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'm on board.

I think we could throw Chiarot in there too, and maybe even Kane.

I think I mentioned earlier I'd like Yzerman to be both a seller AND a buyer this deadline... I'd like him to buy a couple higher end players... if that's possible.

you say you want the wings to compete and then you want them to trade chairot and kane, two of their best players.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hanifan and Lindholm are leaps and bounds better.

calgary isnt trading them for veterans with long term deals and scraps!

youre worse than a sports talk radio caller.

let's trade shai buium, ben chairot, robbi fabbri, and a second round pick for draisatl.  edmonton wont be able to sign him in a couple years and we have the cap space.  

1 hour ago, buddha said:

alex lyon is playing like a #1 goalie in detroit and we got him off the scrap heap for next to nothing.

a fair point, but lets see how long he can sustain it. We've seen a few guys come through here recently that give us a good 1/2 season or so and then turned back into to pumpkins.

🎃

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, buddha said:

calgary isnt trading them for veterans with long term deals and scraps!

youre worse than a sports talk radio caller.

let's trade shai buium, ben chairot, robbi fabbri, and a second round pick for draisatl.  edmonton wont be able to sign him in a couple years and we have the cap space.  

I never said that or anything like that.

You are purposely misconstruing what I am saying.

To what end: be clever? Did you think you were being clever here?

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

I never said that or anything like that.

You are purposely misconstruing what I am saying.

To what end: be clever? Did you think you were being clever here?

im exaggerating your point, but its still your point.

you overvalue what the red wings have to trade.  you want to give up nothing of value for something very valuable.

57 minutes ago, buddha said:

im exaggerating your point, but its still your point.

you overvalue what the red wings have to trade.  you want to give up nothing of value for something very valuable.

You're still misstating.

I've already said if it takes a 1st and a 2nd, then do it. And as you've pointed out, it might take Kasper/ Cossa/ etc. to swing the deal. I've agreed.

"Nothing of value" is not correct. In fact it's complete BS because I've already stated otherwise. Which is why I don't appreciate you misrepresenting what I have said. Trying to get away with as little value given as possible? Of course that's my position. That's what ANYONE's position would be, including NHL GM's. But when it comes down to getting the deal done, you have to give talent to get talent. I've never said anything otherwise.

But yes, I'd love to minimize the cost, and throw in excess prospects (to me, like Wallinder, Johansson, 1 of Cossa/ Augustine I'm good with and have already said so, etc...) if it minimizes trade cost. And I'd love to also trade guys who become excess if a trade is made for a high-end talent. For picks or whatever coming back.

NONE of what I've said deserves "worse than a sports talk radio caller".

IMO.

We're done. I'm not arguing this anymore. Your caricatures were rude.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

I was cussing out Bally Sports and then I realized the game starts at 8 PM. Right?

Yes, I forget what the reason,  but announced it a couple of days ago I believe. 

Larkin scores career goal #200 to give Wings 1-0 lead. 

8 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Yes, I forget what the reason,  but announced it a couple of days ago I believe. 

Larkin scores career goal #200 to give Wings 1-0 lead. 

Pistons played at LCA  earlier today they moved it back to give more time for the change over

Wings are having their best season in years and their kinda under the radar thanks to the Lions.

They have some assets to deal...but I'm not sure I want to part with the price it would take for guys like Lindholm or Hanifan when Compher and Maata are playing well in the slots they would take

3 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

spacer.png

It is kind of nuts how much they are putting on Seider's shoulders this year, but I guess it is hard to trust others...

No doubt. And it's too bad because I think he could be more of an offensive force if allowed, but right now the Wings don't need that from him. Yzerman is being more patient that I could be in his shoes. I want to see if Edvinsson can cut it now and if not get a deal made to bring in another top half Dman. Other than the goal tending that's what can cement their playoff chances.

On 1/26/2024 at 12:43 PM, 1984Echoes said:

It's not going to cost Kasper or Edvinsson to get Lindholm. But nice try...

the canucks just traded their first round pick, their fourth round pick, their #3 prospect (a puck moving offensive defenseman), a fringe prospect, and an underachieving forward for lindholm.

so that means the wings #1 pick, their #4 pick, axel sandin pelikka, joe veleno, and robbi fabbri for lindholm.

do you make that deal?