1/10/24 7PM San Antonio @ Detroit Pistons

It is sad how slowly Ivey reacts when the man in front of him cuts. It's almost like he's his gaze is looking up or past the defender so he doesn't see his feet start to move. Didn't there used to be an old saw about if you want to know where someone is going don't watch the head - watch the hips/feet...?

how lucky was this team that the raptors decided to trade their best player the day before they played detroit?

if they dont make that trade on that day - so they wouldnt have barrett and quickley in the lineup - the pistons are probably looking at 35 straight losses right now instead of 6.

25 minutes ago, buddha said:

how lucky was this team that the raptors decided to trade their best player the day before they played detroit?

if they dont make that trade on that day - so they wouldnt have barrett and quickley in the lineup - the pistons are probably looking at 35 straight losses right now instead of 6.

I was thinking the same thing....do they win another 3 games this season and do they go down as the worst team ever? I was thinking they might have turned a corner after beating the Raptors but they seemed to have gone back to playing like crap they did earlier this season

Edited by Toddwert

I'll repeat what I've been saying all season.... Monty Williams is the worst thing to happen to the Pistons since the great Bill Davidson passed and that slimy car salesman looking snake Tom Gores bought the team. 

The team was bad the last few seasons but at least there was a team that worked hard, competed and had young players that were developing. What we're seeing this season is none of this, it's just a giant black hole of hopelessness and I stand firm on my stance that Monty Williams is a big part of that reason. It's a bad roster but there's no way that an NBA team should be THIS bad. They were a lot better last year, without Cade.

Edited by NYLion

On 1/10/2024 at 8:55 AM, Deleterious said:

I should be committed for watching this team two nights in a row.

Yes, you should be but on the flip side your dedication is commendable. I refuse to watch one minute once Cade went down and I wasn't watching a lot even when Cade was healthy.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

I'll repeat what I've been saying all season.... Monty Williams is the worst thing to happen to the Pistons since the great Bill Davidson passed and that slimy car salesman looking snake Tom Gores bought the team. 

The team was bad the last few seasons but at least there was a team that worked hard, competed and had young players that were developing. What we're seeing this season is none of this, it's just a giant black hole of hopelessness and I stand firm on my stance that Monty Williams is a big part of that reason. It's a bad roster but there's no way that an NBA team should be THIS bad. They were a lot better last year, without Cade.

The teams is filled with lottery picks. Even if they are failed lottery picks, there should be enough talent to be better than 3-35. The coach is the 2nd highest paid in the league and he's worse than Casey. 

This is the first game I’ve watched more than a quarter of this year. Aside from the complete uncompetitiveness of the team, the one thing I noticed was the giant Platinum Equity logo on the court. It’s like being branded with a Nexium logo by a dollar store Don Johnson. He’s just mocking us at this point. 

Just brutal. Worse than that, you can see that the locker room has eroded beyond repair. Guys are just out there to try to get their own and team basketball is out the window. Duren's showing some flashes of more offensive skills, but he's also out there dribbling into pull-up 20 footers that clang off the rim. Ivey jacking up bad threes and throwing no look passes every time. Even Burks is getting in on the action, trying to take it to the rim against 4 defenders. Zero defense, zero communication, and the .5 offense is nowhere to be found.

It's time to clean house. I would say "sell the team", but nobody can make Tom do that. At the very least, Weaver should be fire before he has time to try to save his job with a Lavine (Blake Griffin) Trade that damns the franchise for another 4 years. And Monty should be fired as well. He inherited a terrible roster, but he's somehow managed to make things even worse.

As for the players, I don't want to see one more minute of Killian or Wiseman on the court. Just stop.

Quit telling me you can't play Ausar because he can't shoot and then run Hayes (and Livers) out there for 32 minutes. Sasser and Ausar should absorb all of Killian's minutes until Cade returns. For now it's Ivey and Sasser at PG and then when Cade comes back you stagger him and Ivey at PG until Morris starts playing backup PG.

Wiseman plays defense like a video game with extreme lag. You press the button and he jumps three seconds later.. I watched him fumble a rebound out of bounds in this game when there wasn't a defender within 20 feet of him. Just play Bagley until Stew gets back and then make Stew the bench Center.

My lineup for when this team is "healthy"

Starters: Cade, Ivey, Bogey, Knox, Duren
Bench: Morris (Sasser for now), Burks, Ausar, Stew

That's right, you don't need to play 10 or 11 guys on a roster this bad.

Edited by Betrayer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The teams is filled with lottery picks. Even if they are failed lottery picks, there should be enough talent to be better than 3-35. The coach is the 2nd highest paid in the league and he's worse than Casey. 

after Cade, Duren and Ivey have some talent, but....

Duren should be playing on a team where there are always 4 shooters out there with him - Pistons can't provide that. Ivey has some offensive talent, but he is just a phenomenally bad defender - every one just blows by him off the dribble. What do you do with that? If you took Hayes and Ivey and combined their best attributes in one player you'd almost have an NBA starting guard.