2021-2022 NCAA BB Thread

casimir

18 hours ago, casimir said:

Tip off tonight.  Let the Krzyzewski slurpfest begin.

a truly, truly reprehensible figure in college sports.  the embodiment of hypocrisy in the college game and the two tiered treatment by the ncaa of its preferred schools.

nobody cheats as bad as duke, but nothing will ever happen to them as long as dick vitale and jim nantz continue to believe the lie that 5* recruits go there for free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buddha said:

a truly, truly reprehensible figure in college sports.  the embodiment of hypocrisy in the college game and the two tiered treatment by the ncaa of its preferred schools.

nobody cheats as bad as duke, but nothing will ever happen to them as long as dick vitale and jim nantz continue to believe the lie that 5* recruits go there for free.

Every single time someone mentions Jim Nantz...i think of this classic commercial.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

he's a liar and a fraud and has jim nantz's lips permanantly tattooed to his ass.  yes, duke is somehow the only program in america that can recruit 5* basketball players who go there for the love of learning and not to get paid (see also izzo, tom...except duke recruits dont go there and immediately get worse).  its ridiculous how multiple duke recruits from william avery to zion williamson can get caught admitting to getting $250k and yet coach k somehow has plausible deniability with the media that he doesnt cheat.  or that he's not as slimy or loose as jim boeheim or steve fisher.

and dont even get me started on him lecturing players on other teams on how to behave when he coaches at duke, whose student body is allowed to direct all sorts of obscene and rude chants at other team's players in the name of "creativity" but as soon as an opposing player (usually a black player) starts yapping back, its unsportsmanlike and he needs a talking to from coach k.

its a joke that he's lionized by the media.  he's a fraud.  i have more respect for calipari, at least he doesnt pretend to be a moral compass in a sea of corruption.

I always hated Coach K but I think Buddha may have me beat.lol With that said I hate Carolina almost as much so I didn't get to take much solace in his defeat. It's pretty bad when I find myself rooting for Kansas and Bill Self to win over the other teams in the Final Four. 

2 hours ago, buddha said:

he's a liar and a fraud and has jim nantz's lips permanantly tattooed to his ass.  yes, duke is somehow the only program in america that can recruit 5* basketball players who go there for the love of learning and not to get paid (see also izzo, tom...except duke recruits dont go there and immediately get worse).  its ridiculous how multiple duke recruits from william avery to zion williamson can get caught admitting to getting $250k and yet coach k somehow has plausible deniability with the media that he doesnt cheat.  or that he's not as slimy or loose as jim boeheim or steve fisher.

and dont even get me started on him lecturing players on other teams on how to behave when he coaches at duke, whose student body is allowed to direct all sorts of obscene and rude chants at other team's players in the name of "creativity" but as soon as an opposing player (usually a black player) starts yapping back, its unsportsmanlike and he needs a talking to from coach k.

its a joke that he's lionized by the media.  he's a fraud.  i have more respect for calipari, at least he doesnt pretend to be a moral compass in a sea of corruption.

The culture would rather have its success myths and heroes than more people like you pulling back the curtains on questionable wizardry. You are stuck with the camel hair shirt, locusts and wild honey my friend.

To me, Duke, UNC, Kansas and Villanova is the most boring Final Four ever.     

But thank you UNC.  I lived in Chapel Hill briefly in 1994 and I loved it there.  Our little radio station was really starting to do well, but the station owner (incredibly nice guy) hadn't paid his taxes and the station was seized and put into the hands of a religious nut - needless to say there wasn't going to be alternative rock on his station.  He fired us all and went uber right-wing religious.......the station was dark in less than a year.  

As a Tar Heel, congratulations to Kansas. Winning it all would have been monumental in Hubert Davis’ first year as head coach. But hey, ruining Duke’s season and making their fan base, and EX-coach, believe the sun won’t ever shine again is quite the consolation prize.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:52 AM, 1776 said:

As a Tar Heel, congratulations to Kansas. Winning it all would have been monumental in Hubert Davis’ first year as head coach. But hey, ruining Duke’s season and making their fan base, and EX-coach, believe the sun won’t ever shine again is quite the consolation prize.

Hubert Davis will never get over that.  I give him 3 years before getting shitcanned.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...