Detroit Lions 2024 Offseason Thread

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like the last time the Lions played Dallas at home was the Stafford fake spike game. 

After that Jerry threated to reveal all the secrets of the NFL refs if his team every had to go Detroit again.

Get GB in early November before hopefully the weather turns bad, outside of that the only potential bad weather game on the schedule is Chicago, everything else is either in places with nice weather or indoors. 

Lions with 5 prime time games(2 MNF, 2SNF 1 Thursday Night) plus Thanksgiving. Also there were atleast another 2 or 3 4:25 starts that I saw which usually is the national "game of the week" and some weeks actually draws more viewers than prime time games so yeah they are definitely being showcased alot this year as you would expect coming off the season they had. 

I noticed Rams fans are getting salty over how the Stafford's were treated in their return. Guess they were expecting Detroit to roll out the red carpet and throw flowers at the QB who three years earlier said he didn't want to be in Detroit. The Rams went 12 years without a winning record before Goff and he made them a contender and got them to a Super Bowl and the Rams discarded him like a soiled pair of underpants. 

Over the Cap has Goff's contract details. He has a nearly $70 million cap hit in 2026. They lowered his cap hit in 2024 by $5 million. The Lions already had a lot of cap space. I'm hoping they have some mechanism in place to lower that cap hit in 2026. There doesn't appear to be void years so I think they can add void years. 

9 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Counting playoff games, Stafford is 40-43 at Ford Field. Goff is 17-11.

Playoff games at Ford Field - Goff 2-0 and Stafford 0-1. The Rams can take their "Stafford" Field and shove it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

But can he throw the deep ball? /s

He has a better arm than people give him credit for. The deep ball he threw to Raymond in Green Bay when he was rolling to his left and threw off his back foot across his body went over 50 yards in the air. He had the deep ball to Williams against Dallas that was at least 50 air yards. 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

The off-season seems so long! Let's GO!!

It would be a lot more enjoyable if it wasn't true that the Tigers and the Lions have scored the same number of points in the past 48 hours.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

He has a better arm than people give him credit for. The deep ball he threw to Raymond in Green Bay when he was rolling to his left and threw off his back foot across his body went over 50 yards in the air. He had the deep ball to Williams against Dallas that was at least 50 air yards. 

He had a long TD pass to Williams in Tampa too, I think. Not sure how many yards it was but it was very exciting...jump outta your seat and scream exciting!!

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Over the Cap has Goff's contract details. He has a nearly $70 million cap hit in 2026. They lowered his cap hit in 2024 by $5 million. The Lions already had a lot of cap space. I'm hoping they have some mechanism in place to lower that cap hit in 2026. There doesn't appear to be void years so I think they can add void years. 

Yeah they can definitely add void years and switch his 2026 salary to bonus if they want as well.