3/4/24 1:05PM EDT Red Sox's @ Tigers

33 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Watch: Bally Sports Detroit

Looking forward to watching the broadcast after work.  It should be helpful that it will be unseasonably warm today, mid 70s and sunny.

51 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

If I was making the lineup, I'd start putting Baez in the 9 spot.  Stop trying to coddle the dude thinking he's going to suddenly figure things out.  Maybe the embarrassment of being a 25 million dollar a year player hitting from the basement will help motivate him. 

also, you forgot to call him a lollygagger, that would obviously compel him to create more contact

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I had meetings all afternoon. What did people think of Benetti? And was he able to get more out of Monroe?

you can tell he loves what he does and I think it makes the broadcast much more enjoyable. he needs to get Cmo to calmed down a little he talks too much and says nothing

I listened to a lot of it while working but he was great. Didn’t over do it in terms of references and such.  It was natural, not rushed or forced.  

C Mo talked too much and too fast. 

3 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I had meetings all afternoon. What did people think of Benetti? And was he able to get more out of Monroe?

Benetti was fine. Beautiful voice. Even told us a little about the Red Sox, something you virtually never got from Shep. Monroe had a cold or something  - he snuffled into his mike the whole broadcast. Hit the mute when you have to inhale hard Craig. Hard to believe there wasn't a producer in his ear telling him to get it under control or at least getting some sibilance filter going on his mic. Lack of basic audio production competence across the Bally team there.

Edited by gehringer_2

Benetti also had a good interview with Skubal. Skubal said he's glad Benetti is not calling home runs against him anymore. He was sick of Benetti's enthusiasm during the many HR he gave up to the White Sox.

Benetti also talked to Hinch during the second inning with some playful ribbing back and forth. At the end of the game, he inferred the interview in the second helped Hinch lead the team to victory.