*OPENING DAY 2024* 3/28/24 4:10PM EDT Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

Thank you, Lord, for having someone invent VPN, and for giving me the ability to figure out how to hook it up to my ASUS router even though they changed the interface, so I can watch an otherwise blacked-out telecast from Detroit.

IMG_1440.thumb.jpeg.40e94c320acba7161220e615e6fe81fc.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkyBlue said:

I understand, guess I have always subscribed to the local sports option via the regional option from whatever service I have so never viewed it as blackout rules.  162 games for no additional costs seems unrealistic whether it is from Comcast, Bally or whoever.

I was surprised that the one team cost via mlb.tv was $129 while full pkg is $149.  Has there ever been a breakdown on how much goes to the teams from MLB.tv?

Don't know about the split between the leagues and teams. The blackout has been in place for as long as I remember.

Personally on the plus side, TMobile has had a deal with MLBfor the past few years. It won't help you in Michigan with the Tigers, but there's free baseball here in the Old Dominion unless you want the Nats or Os 

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Thank you, Lord, for having someone invent VPN, and for giving me the ability to figure out how to hook it up to my ASUS router even though they changed the interface, so I can watch an otherwise blacked-out telecast from Detroit.

IMG_1440.thumb.jpeg.40e94c320acba7161220e615e6fe81fc.jpeg

and the only cost of that is C-Nooooooo

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm getting AT&T Fiber installed on Sunday.   Does anyone have that?  Is it really a lot faster? 

I've had it down here in FL for 12-13 years.  Fastest available and very dependable.

Just now, JoeMac said:

I've had it down here in FL for 12-13 years.  Fastest available and very dependable.

Cool.  Maybe that will relieve some of the choppiness on the Bally App.      What I have now is fast enough for my needs but they are giving me Fiber at the same price, so yeah.     I actually did a bunch of radio commercials for Fiber in Grand Rapids, but couldn't get it in Dearborn until now.     I would love if they'd give me those ads again,  nice extra money.