*OPENING DAY 2024* 3/28/24 4:10PM EDT Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Can I watch my local team on MLB TV?  

Is that due to the Bally Sports issue in regards to the Tigers and other teams utilizing them where they went under?

So were the games blacked out when Bally carried the Tigers, ie the business model you reference?

Is it an MLB issue or Tiger's issue or a regional sports network going under and will be resolved when they finalize with Amazon?

I can watch the local team in my market.

So, I doubt it is the business model, and until they resolve it, bootleg it, it is an option available to watch the team you want to watch.  If you don't want to do that, more power to you.

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That's the thing.  They can't repeat the last 3 years.   Even if they had a tough schedule   9-24, 9-23, 2-9.   Can't do that anymore.   Then I start to question whether Hinch is the right guy.     Can't be out of it by May 15th again.   Just can't.   Winning a bunch when there is nothing to play for is just empty calories. 

Our record against the AL East last season cost us any chance of competing. It was very dismal. Our record against the Central gives us hope for a better season this year. The only thing that can hurt us is more injuries. Greene needs to stay healthy all season. And our SP depth may allow a couple of injuries but not our entire staff, along with Toledo's staff, like the last couple (few) years.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I live in NE Indiana and even if I pay for MLB.tv Tigers would be blacked out. Luckily I can get Bally Det on Directv stream

I live in metro Detroit and cutting the cord on cable meant buying the Bally subscription for the Wings, Pistons and Tigers. The user interface is really horrible, hurry up Amazon!!

On a side note, Thank You for your work on the Tiger GDTs. Just to let you know, it's appreciated!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

haven't paid attention to ST at all. Amped for some BB!

Opening on the road, in the late afternoon, takes a bit of excitement out of it. But I'm still hyped up to watch the Tigets win some winnable early season games! Let's GO!!

40 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Here's an overview of MLB's blackout rules. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-blackout-restrictions-map-2023-baseball-games/m843wsljyvrrdmf50zjhusre

This has been going on for years. Protecting the regional cable monopolies. 

I understand, guess I have always subscribed to the local sports option via the regional option from whatever service I have so never viewed it as blackout rules.  162 games for no additional costs seems unrealistic whether it is from Comcast, Bally or whoever.

I was surprised that the one team cost via mlb.tv was $129 while full pkg is $149.  Has there ever been a breakdown on how much goes to the teams from MLB.tv?

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If the Tigers win they are winning the division, if they lose they are finishing in last place so needless to say this is a MUST WIN!

Actually, these early season games are just as important as late season games. Just much less dramatic.

42 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well, I think he's still getting PAID by the Tigers, isn't he? 

I dont remember him being listed as a play by play fill in .... seems like it was akward after canning his dad

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Actually, these early season games are just as important as late season games. Just much less dramatic.

I was of course being tongue and cheek but I guarantee that tomorrow on the radio either a host(s) will be that reactionary or a caller(s) will be. It happens every year no matter the sport.

• Like 1

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I was of course being tongue and cheek but I guarantee that tomorrow on the radio either a host(s) will be that reactionary or a caller(s) will be. It happens every year no matter the sport.

The sky will be falling after Javy's first strike out.

The pre game show is on MLB.tv now.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, casimir said:

The wife bought hot dog buns.  She knows what’s up.  We always have some Johnsonville brats on hand in the freezer.  The grill is ready for use.  I found some Zywiec beer the other day whilst looking for Bell’s Oberon Eclipse (which is probably gone by now).  So, I think dinner for tonight is set.

I could cheat and cut the brats up into 9 pieces and portion out the 16oz cans into the little kid size cups that we still have around for some reason.  Maybe if I were watching the 10 minute condensed game recap on MLB it would suffice?

I miss beer. The last few times I even drank a couple, I got really sick to my stomach. I miss beer. 😆😆

• Like 1