*OPENING DAY 2024* 3/28/24 4:10PM EDT Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

nice quick inning for Skubal. Looking more in rhythm now.

He's only gonna go 5 innings. Hinch has to set up his bullpen with a 6th inning pitcher, a 7th inning pitcher, a set up man in the 8th and then on to the 9th inning closer. I dont like 1 inning pitching changes...

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

No, that ball had a vapor trail on it...............

Pity the modern ball player though. Back in the day the saw was "they all look like line drives in the box score", but not today, not with statcast having logged the exact trajectory of every ball. Not going to get away with any lies around the campfire 25 yrs later!

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It'll be a line drive in the box score. 😁

I like using that line with our bowling team. Someone might get a strike then follow it up with 3-spare, and I tell them that’ll be a 9-spare in the paper.

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’ve said a lot of things about Baby Doc over the years, and I have softened up on him since he’s now presiding over the organization’s directional shift, but I now have a heightened level of respect for the guy for sitting in the stands with the people in an enemy ballpark in high 40s temperature in March, instead of in a luxury box.

I thought the same thing. And it looks like a thin crowd today in Chicago. 

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Oh Lord - we have the interminable Johnny Kane family interview coming up. Time to go make a snack.

I just looked up and I have Dan on under the video—is she the fiancée or the sister? 

4 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Hey interviews really feel like figure nails on a chalkboard I thought spring training was

Asks the fiancee if he's a good guy.    "Well no Johnny, I really can't stand him, I'm only in it for the money".      But I don't know what we expect from these interviews.  Certainly nothing in-depth.      

• Haha 1