3/31/24 2:10PM EDT Tigers @ White Sox

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

They have 3 night games scheduled in New York? In early April? And it's going to rain all 3 days. Some real thinking went into that schedule making. Real geniuses. 

That’s what happens when you assign scheduling to AI

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

They have 3 night games scheduled in New York? In early April? And it's going to rain all 3 days. Some real thinking went into that schedule making. Real geniuses. 

Blame A.I. I sure do. 

• Haha 1

Are the Yankees going to play dirty tricks like they did during the playoffs against us years ago because of the rain? Are they going to make our players strip down naked and run the bases in the rain and snap their butts with a towel like they did last time? That was poor sportsmanship on their part. I’m glad we beat them. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

Are the Yankees going to play dirty tricks like they did during the playoffs against us years ago because of the rain? Are they going to make our players strip down naked and run the bases in the rain and snap their butts with a towel like they did last time? That was poor sportsmanship on their part. I’m glad we beat them. 

Uhhhh...it's the Mets.

• Like 1

It's one series, and the Jerk Sox aren't exactly prime cut in their current iteration, but there's a lot to like about this team on the pitching side. The league is sleeping on them, I'd go as far as to say. And despite their flaws, AJ has enough tools at his disposal to play matchups like he would like probably for the first time as manager, on both sides.

But they are going to have to score more runs this season than in years past in order to really compete for this division.... they probably will to an extent, but at least in this series, there's reason for concern. But it's still really early.

It's the million dollar question with this club... can they manage to be around, or at least within shouting distance, of league average offensively? Or be close enough to first place in the division to make deals to fix that flaw? It'll be interesting to see, but I like the overall direction they are going in a lot.