4/13/24 DH Twins @ Tigers Game 1 1:10 PM

Just now, AZTigersfan said:

What are your terms???

I never said I was betting, it's just an observation...do you disagree that Keith already looks better at the plate than Tork? If so, we're clearly watching two different baseball universes...

Just now, Dtrain72 said:

I never said I was betting, it's just an observation...do you disagree that Keith already looks better at the plate than Tork? If so, we're clearly watching two different baseball universes...

No I disagree with Keith batting ahead of Tork. Maybe if Tork bats 4th and Greene is injured? Maybe Hinch hits him lead off a game or two? Batting ahead of him on a regular basis, nah I don’t see that happening based on Hinch’s MO and how the season will likely unfold. 

Was gonna watch the Wings tonight, but after watching this Tiger vomitous offense twice in the same day, I dont think I can stomach a Redwings kick to the nuts...I'll just check the score around 10pm

Edited by Dtrain72

3 minutes ago, casimir said:

Ok, boys, a little bingo, a little bingo.  Get some ducks on the pond, let’s go, boys, sock it to ‘em, eh.

Or a little poop, a little puke, get some turds in the toilet and let 'em float around a little, eh.

2 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Highlight of the day:  Wenceel's first hit, first stolen base.

4 starting pitchers today and all went at least 6 innings, almost a clean sweep of quality starts.  They all came through with what their teams needed on a doubleheader day.  In particular, the second game starters flowed through with what was needed given the first game extra innings.  Hat tip to the quartet.

Just now, casimir said:

Seriously?  I know he has other engagements in his contract, but a spring football game?

At least he didnt have to suffer through back to back games of Tigers hot liquid dog diarhea

33 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Keith's basic approach at the plate is already better than Torks...Colby at least looks like he knows what he's doing and looking for, whereas Tork looks like he's stuck with a fart in an elevator.  Maybe it wont be by the end of April, but at some point this season, Keith will be hitting ahead of Tork.

Perez has a better approach than Tork. 

16 minutes ago, casimir said:

Seriously?  I know he has other engagements in his contract, but a spring football game?

He's going to miss saturdays in the fall too. I think he's the second fox announcer behind Gus Johnson.

Seriously, there's not one offensive player on this roster that would crack the top 6 of an actual competetive MLB team's lineup...we got a bunch of either 7-9 hitters, or guys who shouldnt even be in an MLB lineup (Harvy, Meadows, and trending with Tork)

Edited by Dtrain72

The offense is challenged with these empty positions. Some guys have to perform or we have to wait until they do. 

They emptied the chamber bullpen wise in game one so it's good that Manning gave them a competitive start.