4/13/24 DH Twins @ Tigers Game 1 1:10 PM

I love Hinch when it comes to pitching and bullpen management. He's as good as I've ever seen - better, but something is wrong with the team's hitting approach that is taking too far into the season to right itself. Either the players finally figure it out themselves, or the players tune it out, or the coaching alters its approach. 

Edited by gehringer_2

11 hours ago, gkelly said:

...and a 1st baseman, shortstop, 2 outfielders, a catcher....

Like I said earlier, this roster is composed of a bunch of 7-9 hitters on a good/competing for real things team...I get alot of them are young, but the light needs to switch on soon for these guys.

13 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Give it another week. If it continues, make some changes. Why aren't the hitting coaches been talked about? I mean, the whole team is in a slump?

What if the problem is not the coaches, but the hitters themselves?

• Thanks 1

Can we stop leading off Riley Greene.  

He splits at .251/.312/.682 Leadoff

He's .296/.354/.817  batting 2nd.  

This year he's  .250/.357/.690  leadoff 

.429/.556/.1.556  batting 2nd (only 9 AB).  

He never lead off last year but hit .308/.363/.842 batting 2nd

Batting 3rd he was .235/.303.358

HE CLEARLY LIKES HITTING #2

Let Vierling lead off.  He's earned it so far.  

Vs. Minnesota he's .438/.481/1.127

And he's better  vs. Right handers than Parker Meadows is against anyone.  

Parker needs a break.He needs to find his swing at Toledo.     We can handle Baddoo for awhile.   I think Parker will get it back (even though he's probably about a .240 hitter).

Even Mark Canha should be leading off before Green or Meadows.  Canha's career OBP leading off is .369.     We just need to get some bodies on bases. 

I'm quickly running out of patients with Javy.   I am rooting for him, but this is just awful and shame on this front office for not having any other viable options at SS.   Should have been prepared for othis. 

19 minutes ago, chasfh said:

yeah its not like Hitters have had a lot of sucess in the majors and the guys who have some sucessnseem to be the only ones hitting

Edited by Toddwert

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

That approach by Canha yesterday in extra innings was eye-opening. What kind of an approach does a hitter have, with the winning run at 2nd base and with a 2-0 count? It really was the worst Tiger at-bat of the whole day. And it was our real last chance to win the game. He should be benched.

A lot of hitting is just guessing at the swing decision point. Canha executed poorly and gidp’d at the wrong time….crap happens. His track record indicates that he will get it right most of the time.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 2:19 PM, Tiger337 said:

I still don't watch extra inning games because it's not real baseball.  It's not a protest.  I'm just not interested in watching that.  Maybe if they are in a pennant race some day, I'll force myself to watch that fraud.  Anyway, one game this season, I was working with the game in the background and I lost track of the inning. All of the sudden there was a man on second base and I got pissed at the pitcher.  It think it was Lange.  Not sure.   

I’ve had the same WTF experience, wondering how the guy got on second base so damn fast. It’s almost like it’s T-ball. Maybe in extra innings they should just have a home run derby off a Tee. 

• Like 1