4/13/24 DH Twins @ Tigers Game 1 1:10 PM

2 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Seriously, there's not one offensive player on this roster that would crack the top 6 of an actual competetive MLB team's lineup...we got a bunch of either 7-9 hitters, or guys who shouldnt even be in an MLB lineup (Harvy, and trending with Tork)

See that’s my problem with some of your posts. I get Tork is struggling right now but he just hit 31 homers and 94 RBIs but you put him in the same category as Baez? He wouldn’t make a mlb roster? Friendly advice, so take it for what you will, but the hyperbole is getting a little old. 

1 minute ago, AZTigersfan said:

See that’s my problem with some of your posts. I get Tork is struggling right now but he just hit 31 homers and 94 RBIs but you put him in the same category as Baez? He wouldn’t make a mlb roster? Friendly advice, so take it for what you will, but the hyperbole is getting a little old. 

I said he was trending...he's not quite there yet, but if we have to wait until mid June for Tork to be a slightly above average hitter again, that's not really a good thing 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

I said he was trending...he's not quite there yet, but if we have to wait until mid June for Tork to be a slightly above average hitter again, that's not really a good thing 🤷‍♂️

Ya but honing in on Tork is a little odd when almost every single regular is struggling. Just off putting is all. To each their own I suppose. All the best to you sir. 

Just now, kdog said:

Offense went down in order in 7 of the 9 innings. That gets you one run on four hits.

Essentially they took a day’s worth of offense and allocated it over 21 innings.  Crummy day.

The day ends with the Tigers at a .571 winning percentage.  Maintain that and it’s 92 wins.  I’ll take it.  Easier said than done, I know.  But it’s April and the Tigers are above water.

1 minute ago, casimir said:

The day ends with the Tigers at a .571 winning percentage.  Maintain that and it’s 92 wins.  I’ll take it.  Easier said than done, I know.  But it’s April and the Tigers are above water.

Good perspective, but today was accutely painful...but some guys on this offense need to turn it on soon.

24 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Ya but honing in on Tork is a little odd when almost every single regular is struggling. Just off putting is all. To each their own I suppose. All the best to you sir. 

If Tork isn't hitting the ball, he's useless.

5 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Good perspective, but today was accutely painful...but some guys on this offense need to turn it on soon.

Give it another week. If it continues, make some changes. Why aren't the hitting coaches been talked about? I mean, the whole team is in a slump?

11 minutes ago, casimir said:

We're only 1.5 games outta first. And that's behind....The First Place Kansas City Royals.

4 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Game one still hurts. We let it out of the bag. 
must win tomorrow. Twins playing with half a deck and sweeping us is unacceptable. 

We won yesterday, so it wouldnt be a sweep, but losing tmrw and dropping 3 of 4 against a hobbled, broke **** Twins team is alarming, and yes, even though it's early in the season.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Under....lmao

Isn't there a team in the National League that thinks they can "fix" him. A AA middle infielder would do it. 

If Avila was the GM, he would be willing to trade anyone on the 40 man roster for a weak hitting middle infielder who will never play a game in the majors.  

OK, so they are not 2-11, but they won some games on the virtue of some great pitching, the O is just as dead out of the gate as it has been for the third year. When does the hammer fall on Hinch to change the way/take responsibility for the way he brings his hitters out of ST? The probability of this just being bad luck or cold weather is pretty low at this point. The team is messing itself up somehow. They are all 'in between' looking for what ever it is they're looking for that isn't there.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dtrain72 said:

We won yesterday, so it wouldnt be a sweep, but losing tmrw and dropping 3 of 4 against a hobbled, broke **** Twins team is alarming, and yes, even though it's early in the season.

Agreed. It's like watching a Movie and they torcher the star for the longest time until miraculously he gets away instead of just shooting him. We let the Twins escape and then waved the white flag in the 12th inning which doomed our Karma for the nightcap. I'm still burned. Wings didn't help.

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

OK, so they are not 2-11, but they won some games on the virtue of some great pitching, the O is just as dead out of the gate as it has been for the third year. When does the hammer fall on Hinch to change the way/take responsibility for the way he brings his hitters out of ST? The probability of this just being bad luck or cold weather is pretty low at this point. The team is messing itself up somehow. They are all 'in between' looking for what ever it is they're looking for that isn't there.

You have been concerned about this for some time and it's a valid concern that's playing out. It "feels" like a boss micro managing or a nagging spouse where there is too much guidance and all you think about is what you are supposed to do instead of the task at hand. 

And Earl Weaver was right bunting is just plain stupid. It's a game of outs so why give them away. How does that mesh with analytics anyway? Verling tends to hit to the right side anyways and he's pretty hard to double up. Micro managing. And Foley has been incredible so don't let him close out the game because " we don't have closers..or starters.. or single position players..( including McKinstry at third replacing Urshela who is a real third baseman )because I AM THE LEADER. 

It's unfair and too easy to ride the manager, especially if the alternative is probably worse, but where I had zero doubts I am starting to wonder a bit. Let's face it the players he had in Houston were pretty bloody good and did just fine with Dusty.

4 hours ago, kdog said:

Brilliant.  Avila's lasting gift is Hinch, whose in game management wins and gaffes result in a net zero effect on overall team performance.  He is neither a positive nor a negative.  He is a 0 WAR manager, like all the rest of them.