20234-24 14-68. Now what? (The 2024 Offseason thread)

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

So correct me if I am wrong.  But they have dropped to 5th three years in a row now?

Correct. But not a problem system at all.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, KL2 said:

The never ending cycle continues. Not picking high enough to get good. Not good enough to get out of thr lottery.

I want to like and follow them but they are stuck in this cycle they never seem to get better I mean come on the Hawks won 22 games more then the Piston they need to weight the odds better

Edited by Toddwert

I mean, we all knew the Spurs were moving up. After they were given Wemby last year the league needs to make sure he becomes the face of the league as fast as possible and you can’t do that on a bad team. 

Play in team gets number 1.

Team that has had the word record over a three year span hasn't picked higher than 5.

I mean it's not like winning this lottery would have been all the great, but this is why many casual pistons have ditched the nba. Are terrible and there is no hope whatsoever of getting better. At least when the Lions and tigers sucked they picked high.

4 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Play in team gets number 1.

Team that has had the word record over a three year span hasn't picked higher than 5.

I mean it's not like winning this lottery would have been all the great, but this is why many casual pistons have ditched the nba. Are terrible and there is no hope whatsoever of getting better. At least when the Lions and tigers sucked they picked high.

it is a really terrible, terrible system.

• Like 1

I don't get wanting to discourage tanking. I'd be more apt to want to watch my team if I knew they were tanking for an exciting, young player that could give you hope for the future versus watching the endless cycle of mediocrity the Pistons are in.

20 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

lol 5th

bwaaahaaahaaahaa

this would be really upsetting if there was anyone worth drafting high this year.

between the pistons and the red wings, detroit teams must have dropped more spots in the lottery than any other city's teams.

Come on man.     Did you think the NBA would let the Pistons get a #1 or #2 pick again?     They squandered the last one and the owner doesn't even care.      (I don't think the lottery is legit).     You have an owner who STILL hasn't fired Troy Weaver - why would you let him near a young star again?   

Ship them out of town.   The team is dead.  

Sam Vecenie has Clingan #5 on his big board.  Givony has Matas Buzelis going to the Pistons in his post lottery mock.  Sam has him #6.

Before you rush to look up Matas Buzelis stats.  He shot 27% from three last year.  

Just now, casimir said:

So, ok, here’s the rainbow around this pile of lottery crap.  The Pistons won’t improve enough to stay out of the lottery next year, and welcome to Detroit Cooper Flagg.

Also, we might never have to send the Knicks a first rounder to complete the Stewart trade.

2025 first round draft pick to New York
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]