4/16/24 1:10 PM Rangers @ Tigers

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

They are not striking out 16 times a game anymore. Actually, this is progress of a sort. 

and TBF, Manny Gonzales is terrible behind the plate today. Strike zone like the Grand Canyon.

Have to totally disagree with Benetti thinking the automated zone will help pitchers. I would expect a discernible jump in BA across the league. Hitters know the zone. Take away their doubt about ball being called strikes on a day like today and hitter success rates absolutely go up.

• Like 2

This is probably best case scenario for the team winning. The pitcher gives you a good shot, offense is opportunistic sometimes....lots of coinflips depending on execution and the bullpen being sharp.

• Like 1

Kudos to the pitching staff again.... the offense may be sucking wind, but they have generally done a great job of keeping them in close enough to win some of these ball games.

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Maybe I’m the crazy one but I think all of the guys on the TV talk too much.  I don’t need a deep dive into the nuance of baseball every single game.  I often just like watching them game and don’t need Dan, CMO, or Gibby constantly going on and on about inside baseball minutiae.   It’s nice to hear on occasion but that’s all these guys do.    I’d be interested to hear Jason solo or with someone else that wasn’t an ex-player.  

I agree that analysts talk too much.  I'd be happy to see Benetti go solo.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

Benetti seems to like working with Carlos.

It's a very small sample size, but Carlos may be my favorite color guy that they've had since Gibby's first run.... just really fits the role well, polished, insightful, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A great color guy should pick their spots to say something insightful and not be afraid to stay quiet if the situation warrants it.    Jim Price did this really well.   While Dan Petry and CMO are some of the worst offenders.  

20 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I agree that analysts talk too much.  I'd be happy to see Benetti go solo.  

And definitely Dan in the radio booth should go solo. Monroe joining him on Sunday like he does occasionally was brutal. Nails on the chalkboard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1