4/29/24 6:40PM Cardinals @ Tigers

I think in situations like this ,where there’s no point in starting only to play for 30 minutes and hope for something clear 2 hours later, it’s wise to postpone.  Nobody wants to mess around with late night games in muck.  Just play 2. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think in situations like this ,where there’s no point in starting only to play for 30 minutes and hope for something clear 2 hours later, it’s wise to postpone.  Nobody wants to mess around with late night games in muck.  Just play 2. 

Drat.  Was really looking forward to some baseball tonight.

So, I wonder how Carson Kelly is doing?  The Tigers probably dodged that this weekend, but they definitely need two catchers tomorrow.  In theory, the bullpen should be in good shape and Thursday is an off day.  They could pull Dingler up as the 27th dude just in case.  But this would break protocol with Manning as the designated 27th man.

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

Drat.  Was really looking forward to some baseball tonight.

So, I wonder how Carson Kelly is doing?  The Tigers probably dodged that this weekend, but they definitely need two catchers tomorrow.  In theory, the bullpen should be in good shape and Thursday is an off day.  They could pull Dingler up as the 27th dude just in case.  But this would break protocol with Manning as the designated 27th man.

Tomorrow will already be 7 days since Kelly played. Might as well backdate him to the 10day.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

They won’t let Rogers catch both games, right?

He'd probably be willing but it's just a bad idea. Catchers didn't do DH's even in the bad old days. Maybe they want to wait until the last minute to see if Kelly can go - but the Hens are in Columbus so they can't wait too long to decide on getting Dingler here. Maybe Dingler travels up with Manning but they only make the roster move if Kelly can't go? 

Edited by gehringer_2