4/30 DH Game 1 3:40 Game 2 TBD Cardinals @ Tigers

1 minute ago, kdog said:

A 1-0 win gets us nowhere aside from the 'standings.' They have to make some hard choices about this lineup. If we are rolling with the development plan then this is going to happen.

Heard a good/eye opening stat today...before today's game, the Tigers total run differential this season so far was +3 runs, whereas Cleveland's is +46...if that stat isnt telling about how bad this offense is, and how it'a not a sustainable way to win...

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

I am frustrated but I think we have made THIS bed and just have to sleep in it. I just don't see any real help thats ready yet in Toledo. Jung needs reps at third and thats about it with Kreidler and Leornd hurt. Maybe Ibanez can help now that he is back and perhaps platoon Keith and Meadows for a spell and DH Tork to focus on hitting. Have to stay patient. 

correct. They are playing the best team they have but it's not playing all that well.

Interesting stat they displayed in the game - Tigers were leading or tied for highest line drive rate in the majors. The crew was touting that as good news - to me it's just as likely  another symptom of a team that *in general* is trying to be too selective/not swinging at enough strikes. High selectivity is great against bad pitching, but I've felt for a couple of seasons now a Tiger weakness is that they struggle more against good pitching because the are too unwilling to hit the ball where it's pitched.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

I am frustrated but I think we have made THIS bed and just have to sleep in it. I just don't see any real help thats ready yet in Toledo. Jung needs reps at third and thats about it with Kreidler and Leornd hurt. Maybe Ibanez can help now that he is back and perhaps platoon Keith and Meadows for a spell and DH Tork to focus on hitting. Have to stay patient. 

Until they solve the macro hitting issues, they have to win on the margins(pitching/defense). The offense is not going to consistently help.

23 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It's not as though the market is crawling with All-Star-level hitters just waiting for us to give them a job.

Harris just needs to go to the GM store and trade in his 4 players worth 12 points total for a couple worth 6-8 points each. 

this season was all about finding out if these guys could play. It was a transition year. Fans bought into the hype of prospect lists and assumed a 1:1 draft pick would be an all star. That’s not how baseball works. 

6 hours ago, casimir said:

Kyle Gibson's OPS against is .840 in Detroit as opposed to his career line of .748.  If that does anything for you on a nice warm day.

See, I thought this would helpful information.

Eric Munson                  1056 AB........ 49 HR.......147 RBI......234 K   104 BB   .214 BA   .289 OBP   .673 OPS   80 OPS+

Spencer Torkelbust       1069 AB        39 HR       132 RBI     294 K   114 BB   .221 BA     .301 OBP  .578 OPS    92 OPS+

Man,  that is a GREAT comparison.