4/30 DH Game 1 3:40 Game 2 TBD Cardinals @ Tigers

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

This one bites big time. 

Agree. I hate this more for Flaherty than the team as a whole. The dude deserved to win this game. I had a pretty good feeling this team couldn’t finish it and they came through. 

It's time for some changes.   If they're fragile little egos can't handle it, then they never belonged here in the first place.   Meadows and Torkleson and Keith too.     A steady diet of Tony Packo's would do them wonders.    They sure don't belong here.   Earn it.      I'd rather have Canha at first and Perez in the OF.    We have 6 guys who can play Second. 

But A.J. knows best, right?       I think even if these guys did bang on garbage cans they still couldn't hit.     

What's Eric Munson doing these days?  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It's time for some changes.   If they're fragile little egos can't handle it, then they never belonged here in the first place.   Meadows and Torkleson and Keith too.     A steady diet of Tony Packo's would do them wonders.    They sure don't belong here.   Earn it.      I'd rather have Canha at first and Perez in the OF.    We have 6 guys who can play Second. 

But A.J. knows best, right?       I think even if these guys did bang on garbage cans they still couldn't hit.     

What's Eric Munson doing these days?  

Thing with Keith is at least his AB's/approach actually look pretty good for the most part and he makes decent contact, he just cant seem to get any hits yet...whereas Tork and Meadows look lost at the plate with consistently bad approaches.  And I cant handle much more watching those two just take fastballs right down the middle early in counts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Thing with Keith is at least his AB's/approach actually look pretty good for the most part and he makes decent contact, he just cant seem to get any hits yet...whereas Tork and Meadows look lost at the plate with consistently bad approaches.  And I cant handle much more watching those two just take fastballs right down the middle early in counts.

Meadows hit two fly balls today - one was 360 ft. Terrible approach.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Meadows hit two fly balls today - one was 360 ft. Terrible approach.

As a whole, his approach is not consistently good enough, cant look at it through tunnel vision...but I'll give him one thing, he still looks better than Tork.  And I direct you to yell at AJ and Harris about those two long balls today when Parker's sent down to Toledo eventually.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I think it shows you can't tell just by looking. And you're right: it shouldn't matter. And I don't think it does here. But I did find it remarkable based on his look.

“You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"… Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em.” — Mitch Hedberg, 

A 1-0 win gets us nowhere aside from the 'standings.' They have to make some hard choices about this lineup. If we are rolling with the development plan then this is going to happen.

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

It's up to Manning to secure a winning April. Just have to pitch a complete game shutout. No pressure.

But that means the offense needs to at least score ahhhhh run!  No pressure Matty!

I am frustrated but I think we have made THIS bed and just have to sleep in it. I just don't see any real help thats ready yet in Toledo. Jung needs reps at third and thats about it with Kreidler and Leornd hurt. Maybe Ibanez can help now that he is back and perhaps platoon Keith and Meadows for a spell and DH Tork to focus on hitting. Have to stay patient.