4/30 DH Game 1 3:40 Game 2 TBD Cardinals @ Tigers

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

So I look at Jack Flaherty sitting in the dugout and it’s the first time I’ve seen him without a cap on, and I see his hair, and I’m wondering, is he black? And sure enough, according to Wikipedia, he is biracial and identifies as black. Something I would never have guessed just seeing pictures of him in a ballcap. 

I didn't know this. I guess it just shows that it really doesn't matter.

33 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Jack Flaherty's mom is going to have to come to every game now. His velocity is up, strike outs left and right, shutting them down.

Jack was determined not to get embarrassed by his former team. Instead, he embarrassed them!!

29 minutes ago, chasfh said:

according to Wikipedia, he is biracial and identifies as black. 

Reminds me of a story about this elderly neighbour I had who was from Hawaii but living in Canada. I asked him on Canadian election day whether he was eligible to vote. He replied, "yes, I'm bi". His wife nudged him and said "you're dual, Ed, you're dual, not bi". 

Just now, lordstanley said:

Reminds me of a story about this elderly neighbour I had who was from Hawaii but living in Canada. I asked him on Canadian election day whether he was eligible to vote. He replied, "yes, I'm bi". His wife nudged him and said "you're dual, Ed, you're dual, not bi". 

Who's knows, maybe his wife is out of the loop on Ed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Flahtery identifies as very good !

I read up a bit on him when Harris signed him. I was very happy with the signing. His story is interesting. He fell out of favor with a lot of the Cardinals fan base as he was apparently outspoken in favor of the BLM movement during the height of the national unrest. 
I still think he’s got upside from here. Glad he’s a Tiger. His hero is Bob Gibson. Not a bad choice.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chasfh said:

So I look at Jack Flaherty sitting in the dugout and it’s the first time I’ve seen him without a cap on, and I see his hair, and I’m wondering, is he black? And sure enough, according to Wikipedia, he is biracial and identifies as black. Something I would never have guessed just seeing pictures of him in a ballcap. 

Very outspoken about BLM and social justice too.  

10 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I think it shows you can't tell just by looking. And you're right: it shouldn't matter. And I don't think it does here. But I did find it remarkable based on his look.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think it shows you can't tell just by looking. And you're right: it shouldn't matter. And I don't think it does here. But I did find it remarkable based on his look.

Agreed. I really had no idea. I saw him with his hat off and still didn't realize it. At least he's not....orange...<ducks>

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I had wondered that about Lucas Raymond for the Red Wings and it was mentioned a few weeks ago.