5/24/24 6:40PM Blue Jays @ Tigers

• But the individual cases are as concerning as ever. Javier Báez has a 42 wRC+, making him the second-worst qualifying hitter in the major leagues. Riley Greene, the closest thing the Tigers have to a premier hitter, is still battling exaggerated bouts of inconsistency. After appearing to hit his stride, he entered Thursday batting only .196 over the past 14 days. Colt Keith, though he has shown encouraging signs, does not have a home run through 141 at-bats (though in one of those great baseball oddities, he would have six homers if he played every game at Dodger Stadium). Spencer Torkelson is hitting only .191 against fastballs. Despite small glimmers of progress earlier in the month, he continues to get beat with the same pitches and struggles with the same timing issues.

From the Athletic(Cody S).

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder if he went to the pen he could throw a little harder. He and Wentz share that same property - they can be good when the fast ball is hot and they get good delta velo - not so much when the FB is a little lazy.

I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if Manning were able to go all out... for 1 inning per game (for the games he is put in...).

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

I have more confidence in Maeda than Manning.

Manning's pretty close to my wanting to demote him to the bullpen.

Yeah...he was bad last time out. But he's still getting better... Maeda is what he is.

I’ve gone a third of a season or so and I’ve decided that I can’t listen to Jason Benetti with Craig Monroe anymore. It’s just too much chuckleheadedness for me. Benetti feeds Monroe’s muse and allows him to give in to his worst impulses. I don’t mind Monroe with Dan Dickerson because Dan is all business and keeps Monroe reined in. I get that most people love Benetti and Monroe and they might be the permanent team next year, but I’m pretty much out on them. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’ve gone a third of a season or so and I’ve decided that I can’t listen to Jason Benetti with Craig Monroe anymore. It’s just too much chuckleheadedness for me. Benetti feeds Monroe’s muse and allows him to give in to his worst impulses. I don’t mind Monroe with Dan Dickerson because Dan is all business and keeps Monroe reined in. I get that most people love Benetti and Monroe and they might be the permanent team next year, but I’m pretty much out on them. 

I have to pirate every game and always end up with the home teams announcers. I much prefer road games. Both Gibson and Monroe are amongst the worst announcers.

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Keith bomb #1!

Now.....maybe the monkey is off his back a bit and he can relax a bit.  He's been hitting the ball hard for a few weeks now.  He seems to be the only guy in the lineup that has been improving.     Perez has been pretty solid, but not improving.