6/1/24 4:10PM Tigers @ Red Sox

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AZTigersfan said:

Sinker, sweeper, change up. Any chance Tork, if he makes contact, gets the ball off the ground?

If it does, it will be a pop up, like a toaster pasty popping out of a toaster.

I now take my bathrooms breaks when he is up to bat.

Edited by HeyAbbott
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAbbott said:

If it does, it will be a pop up, like a toaster pasty popping out of a toaster.

I now take my bathrooms breaks when he is up to bat.

That’s sad that we don’t have anyone to help him. I see no adjustments at to all, his ABs haven’t changed all season. Either fire the hitting coach or send him down. 

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m calling it, and you heard it here first, Tork with 3 HRs and 7 RBIs in this game. 

That...orrrrrr, now hear me out, he get's one step closer to a Toledo apartment.

2 hours ago, Toddwert said:

Bert got into the magic mushrooms

Haven't done those since the 90s, but I am in so much pain right now I will try anything.   I don't think it's a back injury, I think it's a stuck kidney stone.    See, I have a kink in my ureter.  The stones can pass through.     I am holding out for now, but if the tylenol and kratom don't knock this down,  someone wanna give me a ride to the ER ? 

Just now, AZTigersfan said:

2 run deficit and a junker on the mound, that should do it. 

This game def has one of those "whelp" feels given the offenses penchant for going full ass in low scoring game featuring Olsen.

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

Lol, that was dumb Riley 🤓

Hindsight yes, but on the run he’s got to make that play.  There’s less than 2 feet from the wall to the foul line and no way for him to know for sure where it would land. 

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m calling it, and you heard it here first, Tork with 3 HRs and 7 RBIs in this game. 

Getting pretty deep into this game for three homers so it’s going to have to go into extra innings. 

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Hindsight yes, but on the run he’s got to make that play.  There’s less than 2 feet from the wall to the foul line and no way for him to know for sure where it would land. 

But either way the run was gonna score if he caught it or it dropped fair...I know it's a split second decision, but the best decision would have been just to let it land where it may and not catch it if it's clearly that close to going foul.