CFP semi-final: #1 Michigan against a school named after a type of Chili or #2 Michigan vs. a team who couldn't even win the SEC

romad1

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

That is still a better alternative than not getting a chance to play and being forced to forfeit.    

The first choice should be to postpone a week.   Awarding a title or even a spot in the final via cancellation is a nuclear option and should be off the table.   

• "If three semifinalists are unable to play, the semifinal with two unavailable teams would be declared "no contest." The unavailable team in the other semifinal would forfeit its game and its opponent would be declared the national champion. No game dates will be changed."

finally!  a way for michigan to actually win the national championship!

16 hours ago, buddha said:
  • "If three semifinalists are unable to play, the semifinal with two unavailable teams would be declared "no contest." The unavailable team in the other semifinal would forfeit its game and its opponent would be declared the national champion. No game dates will be changed."

finally!  a way for michigan to actually win the national championship!

Or, of course Michigan championship tainted by some bs

I don't understand the spread being greater than a touchdown.

If you just swapped Michigan for Ohio State - had Ohio State beaten Michigan 42-27 and then Iowa 42-3 - this would not be a 7.5 point spread in UGA's favor.

I'm not trying to manufacture a disrespect card or anything, but the SEC is 0-4 so far this bowl season and expected to become at least 1-5, if not 0-6 tomorrow. Georgia was completely exposed against Alabama... I know. It's Alabama. Still.

Everything I see would expect this to be a damn close game.

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't understand the spread being greater than a touchdown.

If you just swapped Michigan for Ohio State - had Ohio State beaten Michigan 42-27 and then Iowa 42-3 - this would not be a 7.5 point spread in UGA's favor.

I'm not trying to manufacture a disrespect card or anything, but the SEC is 0-4 so far this bowl season and expected to become at least 1-5, if not 0-6 tomorrow. Georgia was completely exposed against Alabama... I know. It's Alabama. Still.

Everything I see would expect this to be a damn close game.

Supposedly Georgia's biggest strength is the their defensive front 7. The secondary not so much - so aside from reputation, OSU would really be be a tougher match up for them. M will probably have to throw effectively to win and M's pass game is sort of a black box, We really don't know that much about what might be in there.

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Supposedly Georgia's biggest strength is the their defensive front 7. The secondary not so much - so aside from reputation, OSU would really be be a tougher match up for them. M will probably have to throw effectively to win and M's pass game is sort of a black box, We really don't know that much about what might be in there.

Yes, but I think even if the attributes were switched, Ohio State would get more of a "shot" from the oddsmakers and pundits, just based on having been there in past years. If the unstoppable force of M's run game and offensive line (okay maybe a bit hyperbolic but roll with it) meets the immoveable object of UGA's run defense, I don't think either should get more than a touchdown.

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever thought Harbaugh would take Michigan to the College Football Playoff this season. I was 100% wrong. I hope we beat the shit out of those hillbillies from Georgia! GO BLUE from the biggest doubter there ever was. Even Thomas never doubted Jesus like I doubted Harbaugh this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TP_Fan said:

Cinnci has the worst offense in the country. They are playing in the CFB, against Bama, and they run 3 plays: slant, run up the middle and 4 yard out.   This is trash coaching. 

They still should have scored at least two touchdowns so far if they weren't continuing to shoot themselves in the foot. Alabama has not looked like a National Champion tonight.

9 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Cinnci has the worst offense in the country. They are playing in the CFB, against Bama, and they run 3 plays: slant, run up the middle and 4 yard out.   This is trash coaching. 

Cincinnati's defense played as well as you could ask them to through 3 quarters and their offense crapped all over the bed. Ridder doesn't look like an NFL ready QB at all and I do not want the Lions to draft him if this performance is indicative of who he might be. I get that Alabama is far more talented a team, but Cinnci's offense is lifeless and their playcalling basic and uninspiring.