3/18 @ 1:05 Phillies Vs Tigers

Tigeraholic1

• RedRamage changed the title to 3/18 @ 1:05 Phillies Vs Tigers
On 3/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, 1776 said:

For the past two or three years I have wondered if Jim Price is going to be in the booth another year. I haven’t heard otherwise so I’m guessing he’ll be back.

I thought that too. Last year he didn’t do any of the away games, probably Covid related. But he does seem to be winding it down.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

If he hits. If he has the same spring stats as last spring training, he'll be in Toledo. At best. I'm rooting for the kid though, we need him.

What if he puts up stats like he did all last year?  What if Greene puts up terrible stats in the spring?  

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Toledo.

I don't think it's as simple as this with the new CBA.  If they think they are close to ready, even if their stats in the spring don't show it, I think they will start them in Detroit.  If they struggle for a month, they will send them down.  The benefit of potentially getting extra draft picks sways things.  Add to that that they may not get the extra year of control even if they wait to bring them up, I think you will see teams err on the side of pushing a bit compared to before trying to get the extra control.