3/25 @ 1:07 Tigers @ Blue Jays

Tigeraholic1

42 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

should the lineup card be in read, blue and purple instead of red, black and blue? And here I thought the Tigers were getting into advanced science!

Holy crud, I was thinking the same thing earlier.  If the LHBs are red, and the RHBs are blue, shouldn't the SHBs be purple?

First my wife read my mind this morning.  Now you.  What a scary day.

Baddoo turns into Babe Ruth in the Spring. After torching the ball last spring as well he had that torrid first week and a half to the regular season only to struggle mightily till about Mid May before perking up again in the 2nd half. 

Hopefully this year he not only tops his overall numbers from last year but does it in a more consistent manner. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

29 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

with his bat, not actually saying the words............I mean when you hit a home run off of......um.........Hagen Dazs...........I mean, Hagen Danner............you are announcing to the world I'M HERE !

Wait, what's this about ice cream?

19 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Small sample size and with the usual spring caveat, but Baddoo's ABs against left handed pitching may be the most encouraging thing to come out of spring training thus far.

the other thing we'll have to see about Baddoo is whether he has spent time on this throwing with another years distance from the TJ. His arm was pretty erratic last year. Not as important as the bat obviously, but a place where he has room to improve his game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Baddoo turns into Babe Ruth in the Spring. After torching the ball last spring as well he had that torrid first week and a half to the regular season only to struggle mightily till about Mid May before perking up again in the 2nd half. 

Hopefully this year he not only tops his overall numbers from last year but does it in a more consistent manner. 

Mr March

Random observation from the Blue Jay broadcast yesterday, but Buck Martinez and Joe Siddall waxing poetic about the Tiger/Jays rivalry and how it isn't what it used to be was interesting. 

I was too young to understand the significance, but there seems to a lot of sadness (at least on the Jays side) that the two teams don't play each other more

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Random observation from the Blue Jay broadcast yesterday, but Buck Martinez and Joe Siddall waxing poetic about the Tiger/Jays rivalry and how it isn't what it used to be was interesting. 

I was too young to understand the significance, but there seems to a lot of sadness (at least on the Jays side) that the two teams don't play each other more

I have been around for the entire Blue Jays history and I don't remember them having a big rivalry with the Tigers.  It was not recognized as a rivalry nationally, but maybe it was considered one locally. 

I think in order for there to be a serious good rivalrvy between two teams, they need to be good at the same time which didn't happen too often with the Tigers and Blue Jays.  As a fan, I remember wanting the Tigers to beat the Orioles (when they were  really good), Yankees and Red Sox.  Other than 1987, I didn't consider the Blue Jays to be a hated opponent.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I have been around for the entire Blue Jays history and I don't remember them having a big rivalry with the Tigers.  It was not recognized as a rivalry nationally, but maybe it was considered one locally. 

I think in order for there to be a serious good rivalrvy between two teams, they need to be good at the same time which didn't happen too often with the Tigers and Blue Jays.  As a fan, I remember wanting the Tigers to beat the Orioles (when they were  really good), Yankees and Red Sox.  Other than 1987, I didn't consider the Blue Jays to be a hated opponent.  

True, they weren't hated. But it was a rivalry, there used to be thousands of Jays fans making the trip to Detroit whenever we played. And when Morris pitched for Toronto, it heated up, around here. Fans didn't like seeing Jack in a Jays uniform.