Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

32 minutes ago, romad1 said:

the Van Tatenhove guy...way to dress up for a congressional hearing

His bathrobe was in the wash…. 

Eh, doesn’t really bother me what he was wearing .  (But a plain white t-shirt would have complimented his ensemble.)

34 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Garland has to charge all these fuckers

I'd like to think so, but there is this DC mantra about not indicting a former President and I fear Garland subscribes to it. I have lost faith that Trump will be held accountable for any of this because I feel like the White House doesn't want to "politicize" this buy indicting a man who will be Biden's opponent in 2024. I'd like to be 1,000% wrong, but I won't believe it until I see Merrick Garland's DOJ bring actual charges down on Trump.

6 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

What if he was just calling to borrow some ketchup? Legally, if someone calls you but you don't answer is that really a crime? I mean if he called and they spoke about the 1/6 stuff I see that as a smoking gun though.

As airtight as this procedure has been, I gotta believe they have actionable evidence, not just hearsay.

11 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

What if he was just calling to borrow some ketchup? Legally, if someone calls you but you don't answer is that really a crime? I mean if he called and they spoke about the 1/6 stuff I see that as a smoking gun though.

Nah, he'll just say he called to let the individual know that his auto warranty was expiring. Or to sell them Trump Steaks at a biggly discount..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As airtight as this procedure has been, I gotta believe they have actionable evidence, not just hearsay.

I am sure you are right, just wondered what the charge would be. Could he use the defense that he butt dialed him? Now if he left a VM that is a whole different story.

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I am sure you are right, just wondered what the charge would be. Could he use the defense that he butt dialed him? Now if he left a VM that is a whole different story.

He strikes me as the VM type... and one who wouldn't be into the whole brevity thing

8 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

This may be a clue:

Witness intimidation is a form of obstruction of justice and under 18 U.S. Code § 1512, it's a federal crime to interfere with witness testimony or cooperation in a criminal case.

In order to be charged with witness tampering, it has to be proven you attempted to alter or prevent witness testimony. It's important to note the action doesn't actually have to be completed.

https://www.thefederalcriminalattorneys.com/federal-witness-tampering

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

WOW, all of those Congressmembers there at the December meeting trying to plot out how to overturn free and fair elections. Gohmert, Gym, MTG, all the MAGA heavyweights.

All of them Benedict Arnold MF'ing Traitors to the Constitution of the United States.