Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Playing tourist in DC for a couple of days. Secret Service in bullet proof vests outside Treasury did seem a bit concerning at first. 

We saw To Kill a Mocking Bird last night. Really brought to light again the length of the festering hatred in the country. Sorkin stayed true to the basic aspects of the novel but did update the feelings from the 1930s and the 1960s classic screenplay.Tracing the roots of the farmer class hate back to the Civil War and a bit of foreshadowing the civil rights movements of the '60s.

Then there was my favorite quote from the town "drunk" . When hate comes to supper it's usually dressed as a Christian"

keep in mind that these thoughts are coming from an "upper class intellectual". Which would put me high on the totem pole.

I have to say Richard "John Boy" Thomas made an excellent Atticus Finch.  

https://news.yahoo.com/emmett-till-protesters-stormed-senior-112133914.html

Not really sure where to put this. This story broke about a week ago and is extremely newsworthy. Google it further to read more.
The wife of one of the men that murdered Emmitt Till in 1955 apparently has been located in a retirement facility in Raleigh, NC. The warrant for her arrest was discovered very recently in Mississippi. I would guess it had been hidden at some point but don’t actually know that. She is 87 or 88 years old now. It is believed that she is the one that pointed Emmitt out to her husband and his brother, that eventually led to his murder. 

On 7/8/2022 at 10:48 AM, 1776 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/emmett-till-protesters-stormed-senior-112133914.html

Not really sure where to put this. This story broke about a week ago and is extremely newsworthy. Google it further to read more.
The wife of one of the men that murdered Emmitt Till in 1955 apparently has been located in a retirement facility in Raleigh, NC. The warrant for her arrest was discovered very recently in Mississippi. I would guess it had been hidden at some point but don’t actually know that. She is 87 or 88 years old now. It is believed that she is the one that pointed Emmitt out to her husband and his brother, that eventually led to his murder. 

Hopefully Justice is served. A boy was lynched because of her false accusations and she lived a long life because of it. 

26 minutes ago, Netnerd said:

We’ve been scrubbing Aisle Lunatic in this thread since September 2021. I’m losing hope it’ll ever come clean.

It existed before that in the other site.  The origin was Jan 6 2021 or right after Jan 6.   

The premise obviously, is that the lunatic fringe were weaponized by the mobbed up grifters and fixers in the RW ecosphere and then unleashed which required bold strokes by the normals to clean it up up.  Some of that has occurred to the lunatics (over 850 arrests and convictions re: Jan 6) but the Jan 6 commission has yet to land a big fish (from my optic) among the grifters and fixers who did the weaponizing. 

(Normals:  people who believe in and live by constitutional norms. e.g,. those who swore and believe in the oaths they take to support and defend the Constitution)

Edited by romad1

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It existed before that in the other site.  The origin was Jan 6 2021 or right after Jan 6.   

The premise obviously, is that the lunatic fringe were weaponized by the mobbed up grifters and fixers in the RW ecosphere and then unleashed which required bold strokes by the normals to clean it up up.  Some of that has occurred to the lunatics (over 850 arrests and convictions re: Jan 6) but the Jan 6 commission has yet to land a big fish (from my optic) among the grifters and fixers who did the weaponizing. 

(Normals:  people who believe in and live by constitutional norms. e.g,. those who swore and believe in the oaths they take to support and defend the Constitution)

I followed the thread on the old site, too.

I’m losing hope that a critical mass of “normal” exists in the USA - or that it ever will in my lifetime.

I used to find this thread amusing, still hoping that sensibility would prevail. I hoped enough people would imagine what this country would’ve looked like if January 6 had succeeded. (Who would want THAT mob to be in charge?)

It was amusing. I feel more futility now. Do we have what it takes as a nation to call out this crap?

• Like 1