Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

40 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I have a feeling we will hear 5th a lot, but it's still big. 

He’s the scumbagiest of scumbag lawyers.   I suspect he will be taking the 5th to legitimately protect himself for his role in criminal activity rather than just doing it to stay loyal to his cult leader. 

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'd like to think he'll go full John Dean and turn state's witness now and reveal all the damning goods he has on Trump.

This just in, there is going to be a national shortage on popcorn.

Salon: Trump-backed Michigan Republican warns of “demonic possession” through sex

From Michigan Republican Secretary of State candidate Kristina Karamo . . .

"But having intimate relationships with people who are demonically possessed or oppressed—I strongly believe that a person opens themselves up to possession. Demonic possession is real."

5 hours ago, Hongbit said:

He’s the scumbagiest of scumbag lawyers.   I suspect he will be taking the 5th to legitimately protect himself for his role in criminal activity rather than just doing it to stay loyal to his cult leader. 

Perhaps they have already worked out some deal about what he can testify about that won’t incriminate him.

9 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

This is an elected member of congress. 

What the hell does she mean by “What’s the definition of a right-wing conspiracy theory? It’s just the news that’s six months early?” What’s she referring to?

This Herschel Walker story gets crazier and crazier and of course exposes the blatant hypocrisy of the moral majority and the party of family values. Remember, that gay marriage is eroding the moral fabric of society and damaging the family.

Herschel Walker will potentially win though because they love SEC and Bulldogs football down south, see him as a God in Georgia, inflation is high, gas prices are high, and Biden is unpopular. Unlike most Republican candidates, Walker has the added benefit of being a football God down there in Georgia.

34 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

This Herschel Walker story gets crazier and crazier and of course exposes the blatant hypocrisy of the moral majority and the party of family values. Remember, that gay marriage is eroding the moral fabric of society and damaging the family.

Herschel Walker will potentially win though because they love SEC and Bulldogs football down south, see him as a God in Georgia, inflation is high, gas prices are high, and Biden is unpopular. Unlike most Republican candidates, Walker has the added benefit of being a football God down there in Georgia.

Plus there's a good chance that half the red hats never even see any of this in their media, and the other half that do dismiss it as a Democrat globalist elite hit job.

I was thinking this morning about why Republicans are able to be so successful with their negative, hate-filled, disinformation brand of politics. Yes, the phobias and isms help them. Yes, the anti-science rhetoric riles people up. As does the us versus them mentality. But I think at it's core, what really makes them so successful versus the Democratic messaging, is that they have an entire media ecosystem with which they can manufacture what they want their voters to care about, think about, be outraged about, and respond to. Normally, it's the voters telling the politicians what they are upset about. With the right and Republicans, its the party and the media apparatus telling the voters what to think about and care about. And it is this way because they've been dumbed down and stripped of any ability to think critically. Worse or just as bad as that, they have created a culture where decent is shunned and scorned.

The voters on the right and Republicans have built an innate trust in that everything they see and hear on and from Donald Trump, Fox News, OAN, NewsMax, Rush Limbaugh, Dan Bongino, Steve Bannon, conservative Facebook and Twitter must be true. If they say something than I am going to believe it. The thought of even questioning what you see every night on Tucker or Laura, even questioning what comes out of Trump's mouth, has been erased from their minds. They've been worn down to a nub, erased off all critical thinking skills due to terrible education system, and are following the Pied Piper straight off the bridge without question.

Xenophobia, homophobia, anti-science, extreme religiousness, and all the other jargon that comes along with being on the right are themselves effective messaging tools to keep people constantly interested and motivated towards a goal. However, it's the dumbing down of society, the wearing down of any ability to think critically, and the shunning of those who do that is at its core, that has allowed their media ecosystem to take hold and dictate to the voters what they need care about.

Does this make any sense haha?

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Thanks 1

Playing tourist in DC for a couple of days. Secret Service in bullet proof vests outside Treasury did seem a bit concerning at first. 

We saw To Kill a Mocking Bird last night. Really brought to light again the length of the festering hatred in the country. Sorkin stayed true to the basic aspects of the novel but did update the feelings from the 1930s and the 1960s classic screenplay.Tracing the roots of the farmer class hate back to the Civil War and a bit of foreshadowing the civil rights movements of the '60s.

Then there was my favorite quote from the town "drunk" . When hate comes to supper it's usually dressed as a Christian"

keep in mind that these thoughts are coming from an "upper class intellectual". Which would put me high on the totem pole.

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Like 1