Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I am convinced that when these misspellings occur, they are intentionally virtue-signaling to their modestly-educated, unsophisticated, poorly-read constituency they are all on the same side, and people who make fun of them for “honest mistakes” like misspellings are despicable elitist jerks.

IOW, I don’t think the misspellings are accidental.

22 hours ago, chasfh said:

I am convinced that when these misspellings occur, they are intentionally virtue-signaling to their modestly-educated, unsophisticated, poorly-read constituency they are all on the same side, and people who make fun of them for “honest mistakes” like misspellings are despicable elitist jerks.

IOW, I don’t think the misspellings are accidental.

I am the least conspiracy minded person I know, but I am beginning to wonder how many of these memes/stories with misspellings in them are from overseas & are being built to divide us.  I don't think DJT has an original bone in his body, nor idea in his brain. 

I've been saying here ... er, on MTS ... for years that these misspellings and malapropisms are intentional, and serve as a way to feed their insatiable need to be publicly recognized as victims of "liberal elitism", or whatever, in order to strengthen the bond between the Republican cons and their hapless red-hatted marks. Glad to see practically everyone else has come around to that idea.

And yes, @djhutch: I too believe the strategy, if not always the output, emanated from overseas. And I think we all know which sea it came over from.

• Like 1

Speaking of lunatics,  a Democratic congressman from Illinois, Danny Davis, thinks R. Kelly should be given a second chance.    He thinks Kelly would be "welcomed back to Chicago". 

What? 

Sure, Danny,  we can start by sending your granddaughters to his place for the weekend.  

Talk about being out of touch.     

I'm not always into cancelling people, but this 80 year old dinosaur needs to just go away.    What a turd.   (Hey, we can say turd without being censored, I like this new place!)

I am pretty sure that if Jesus returned and absolutely proved he was Jesus beyond any reasonable doubt and he started preaching Jesus-y things like loving people no matter what, whatever perceived flaws or differences they have with you, and aiding the sick and helping the poor by making sure they are clothed, sheltered and fed, and taking care of the planet, the only home you have,  you know, actual stuff we've been told he stood for, the current Republican Right Wing Christians would absolutely shred him and pick Trump over him and then would still wave the Bible around to back it up.    

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I am pretty sure that if Jesus returned and absolutely proved he was Jesus beyond any reasonable doubt and he started preaching Jesus-y things like loving people no matter what, whatever perceived flaws or differences they have with you, and aiding the sick and helping the poor by making sure they are clothed, sheltered and fed, and taking care of the planet, the only home you have,  you know, actual stuff we've been told he stood for, the current Republican Right Wing Christians would absolutely shred him and pick Trump over him and then would still wave the Bible around to back it up.    

Well since that is pretty much exactly what did happen in ~33 AD it would not be surprising if nothing has changed. :classic_wink:

Deuces

I for one am shocked that the dudes who fly the traitor flag and also the confederate flag, attempt a violent coup, colluded with Russia,  and drove the country into the ground don't love the country.  

Edited by pfife