Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

17 minutes ago, pfife said:

Deuces

I for one am shocked that the dudes who fly the traitor flag and also the confederate flag, attempt a violent coup, colluded with Russia,  and drove the country into the ground don't love the country.  

I would be for this.

It would cut off US Federal funds from going to Fascist states. They're a drain on our resources anyways as they are all welfare states.

But I would piss them off too. I would only allow Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky to leave. And I would take the Appalachians away from them and give them to West Virginia (gotta keep the mountains, even with nothing but rednecks there). We'll trade them the Florida panhandle to make up for them losing the mountains. It can become a part of Alabama (it already technically is anyways). Enough to change the dynamics of our political and economic system without giving away anything of value. 10 less Redneck Senators and so many Representatives. And if crybaby MAGA wants to flood out of Georgia and Florida and Oklahoma and Missouri to the Redneck Whites Only Confederate States that's OK too. We'll trade any MAGA wanting to migrate for all their Democrats and Independents. 

Wow! This could be AWESOME!!!

34 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I would be for this.

It would cut off US Federal funds from going to Fascist states. They're a drain on our resources anyways as they are all welfare states.

But I would piss them off too. I would only allow Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky to leave. And I would take the Appalachians away from them and give them to West Virginia (gotta keep the mountains, even with nothing but rednecks there). We'll trade them the Florida panhandle to make up for them losing the mountains. It can become a part of Alabama (it already technically is anyways). Enough to change the dynamics of our political and economic system without giving away anything of value. 10 less Redneck Senators and so many Representatives. And if crybaby MAGA wants to flood out of Georgia and Florida and Oklahoma and Missouri to the Redneck Whites Only Confederate States that's OK too. We'll trade any MAGA wanting to migrate for all their Democrats and Independents. 

Wow! This could be AWESOME!!!

over/under: if the states of the old confederacy seceded today they'd be poorer than Mexico in 20 yrs?

Edited by gehringer_2

Was thinking about the secession thing while driving today, three hour trip across the state. I have no clue how one would draw country boundaries. Outside of Detroit, Oakland, Wayne and maybe Ann Arbor who else would go blue. Even if you had enough votes to keep the state part of the Blue Union the rest of the state would rebel. 

Pretty much the same here. Divide the state from the DC suburbs down to maybe just west and north of Richmond, throw in the Hampton Roads area north of the James River. The rest would probably form a Union with West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Tennessee etc….

The east could hook up with Maryland, New Jersey and the east coast. Not sure about Delaware. The were the wild card when this whole thing started around 1787.

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Was thinking about the secession thing while driving today, three hour trip across the state. I have no clue how one would draw country boundaries. Outside of Detroit, Oakland...

The United States of America has the power. They can do whatever they want. 

So dump some of the deep south, carve out a welfare state portion... and give it to the rednecks. 

MAGA would flock to the Redneck States of America.... so we would no longer have to worry about divvying up portions of states like Michigan or Ohio. MAGA is huge in southeastern Ohio, and they would migrate, leaving the state blue. A huge portion of MAGA Michigan would migrate. Along with large portions of the states I noted above. And trade us all Non-MAGA from Redneck States and the real United States turns heavily blue.

I would also combine the Dakotas into one state... there's nobody in those states anyways, so just combine them into one.

The Bulwark on Friday were speculating that the anti-Noem stuff that was coming out was designed to pare her down to keep her from grabbing any more of the spotlight from Putin's boy, Trump.  They said something similar and perhaps more ugly is coming for Tim Scott and Desantis.