Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

6 hours ago, Archie said:

There's still plenty of holes in the wall for people to get through. Biden stopped building the wall because they want people to come in.  We haven't had a birder crisis in a while until January 20, 2021.

wrong, Bannon stopped building the wall.

Steve Bannon charged with fraud over Mexico wall funds

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53853297

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon has been arrested and charged with fraud over a fundraising campaign to build a wall on the US-Mexico border.

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, it alleged.

8 hours ago, pfife said:

your guy literally took the wall money and ran, and you're here blaming biden?!?  Hilarious man

Your comments are proof you don't care what the truth is. You just want to make excuses to blame others and follow your political party line. 

Biden issued an executive order to stop the wall.  This is an older article and I think they also cancelled all the contracts since then too.  They want the flood gates open.  

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-stopped-construction-trumps-border-060359881.html

29 minutes ago, Archie said:

Your comments are proof you don't care what the truth is. You just want to make excuses to blame others and follow your political party line. 

Biden issued an executive order to stop the wall.  This is an older article and I think they also cancelled all the contracts since then too.  They want the flood gates open.  

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-stopped-construction-trumps-border-060359881.html

LOL all of that was after bannon stole the money 

nice understanding how time works

just to baseline a tad, 2020 is before Biden was president.   Glad to help.

Edited by pfife

It's also noted that you sidestepped any condemnation whatsoever of a guilty criminal in this, but made sure you got in the swipe at Biden.   Hilarious priorities.  Trumpism is a pretty strong addiction apparently.

Edited by pfife

Also if there are holes in the wall, or it didn't get done b/c he lost the election, that's on Trump.  He's literally the one that was out there bragging relentlessly about how building and infastructure was his wheelhouse, and that he built things way better and faster than anyone else, maybe even in history.   

So Mr.  tosses bricks together real fast failed by his own standards and you're here blaming Biden.  LOL.

Also none of this even addressed the fact that the wall is ineffective and was also unconstitutional b/c he literally and consciously bypassed the House of Representatives constitutionally delineated power of the purse in order to fund it.

I enjoy discussing and debating politics but its not possible to do with someone who ignores facts or makes up their own.  As other people say, you allow Trump to live rent free in your head.  Until you post something that is relevant where you gain credibilty I will no longer respond to you.

32 minutes ago, Archie said:

I enjoy discussing and debating politics but its not possible to do with someone who ignores facts or makes up their own.  As other people say, you allow Trump to live rent free in your head.  Until you post something that is relevant where you gain credibilty I will no longer respond to you.

Your loss.

At any rate, what I posted was factual.   

Steve Bannon was arrested in 2020 for defrauding donors to wall funding.    That caused the wall to not be built.   Trump pardoned him for it.  Accepting a pardon makes you convicted.   So he is a convicted criminal.

Trump also bypassed the House of Representatives to fund the wall.   That's fact.   The constitution says the House of Representatives funds stuff.   That's fact.

just like it's fact that your guy had the worst jobs numbers in 100 years and the deadliest year on record.  if being amongst the worst in deaths and jobs isn't indicative of being super terrible, what the heck is?

Edited by pfife

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

So when is Mexico going to start paying for the wall? 

Last I heard a month or so ago Abbott was going to try to get Texas to foot the bill to complete the Texas portion of the wall.  I don't know if that fizzled out or not.  Apparently most of the parts and supplies are there, they just need the contractors to assemble it.

I will stop short of exclaiming "FINALLY!", since referral for criminal contempt is just the first step and the Democrats aren't past the point of no return for caving yet. But, come on, they have to show some balls and go for this without being paralyzed into inaction by fears that Republicans will do the same to them.

This is not a politics-as-usual issue at hand here. This is treason of the highest order at hand, and it must be dealt with decisively, because given what we all know about what will happen when Republicans take control, in which democracy dies and Democratic Party will lose everything anyway, Democrats literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain here.

I wouldn't show up to that either so good for Bannon for avoiding the circus.  The entire hearing is as much of a sham as the impeachment hearing were.  Nutty Nancy kicked Republicans off the so-call committee because they wouldn't automatically side with her.  Now her sham committee is packed with Trump haters.  A lot of you guys could have been on that committee.  The verdict was in before it the hearings started. 

8 minutes ago, Archie said:

I wouldn't show up to that either so good for Bannon for avoiding the circus.  The entire hearing is as much of a sham as the impeachment hearing were.  Nutty Nancy kicked Republicans off the so-call committee because they wouldn't automatically side with her.  Now her sham committee is packed with Trump haters.  A lot of you guys could have been on that committee.  The verdict was in before it the hearings started. 

Trump lost. Get over it already. Elections have consequences.