Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I agree the committee is a waste of time.  I already know Trump and those around him including everybody involved in the insurrection are a disgrace.  Trump broadcast the whole thing ahead of time.  There's not much to analyze.  

Until Trump and his circle are truly held to account, the committee will forever be a waste of time.

17 hours ago, Archie said:

This is an example of what is wrong with our country.  People will allow their hate of a man to destroy a country.

https://news.yahoo.com/anti-trump-republicans-back-vulnerable-115315092.html

It sounds as if they are doing the opposite of destroying the country.  They are putting country ahead of party.  Your Republican party has become a huge disgrace.  It no longer has any principles, conservative or otherwise.  It is all about serving a cult leader.  You should be ashamed of your yourself falling for that con.   

Bunker’s not “falling for” anything. He’s an infantryman in the disinformation war. The “I’m not a fan of Trump” thing was his first line of disinformation, and everything proceeds from that. It’s the exact same thing as when anyone says, “I don’t have a racist bone in my body”, and then try to convince you of that by telling you they don’t discriminate against green or purple people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It sounds as if they are doing the opposite of destroying the country.  They are putting country ahead of party.  Your Republican party has become a huge disgrace.  It no longer has any principles, conservative or otherwise.  It is all about serving a cult leader.  You should be ashamed of your yourself falling for that con.   

You may have seen in my previous comments I don't support Trump and certainly don't want him to run another for another term.  I agree his popularity with a good many people presents a problem.  Hopefully someone with half a brain in the party will convince the party to support a good candidate and Trump will back them hopefully bringing his supporters.  The country can't take anymore of the disaster we are seeing now.

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Trump has already been impeached twice and nothing came out of it.  Nothing is ever going to happen to him or those around him.  All we can do is try to keep them out of office.  

I’m afraid you’re right. I’m also afraid Democrats and their voters may not be up to that task, since Republicans are active working on rigging the system in state after state right now, as we speak, and Democrats are behaving as though elections will always be business as usual.

D019DB83-0E1C-404F-A49A-EF7471566B29.gif

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I’m afraid you’re right. I’m also afraid Democrats and their voters may not be up to that task, since Republicans are active working on rigging the system in state after state right now, as we speak, and Democrats are behaving as though elections will always be business as usual.

D019DB83-0E1C-404F-A49A-EF7471566B29.gif

How are they working to rig the system?  If I recall its the democrats that want everyone to vote without proving who they are and are ok with mail in ballots with no controls.  If that isn't rigging the system I don't know what is.  The elections need to be safe and fair and with plenty of controls in place so the results won't be questioned.

1 minute ago, Archie said:

How are they working to rig the system?  If I recall its the democrats that want everyone to vote without proving who they are and are ok with mail in ballots with no controls.  If that isn't rigging the system I don't know what is.  The elections need to be safe and fair and with plenty of controls in place so the results won't be questioned.

Your statements are totally false. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Archie said:

I can tell you how the rigged the GOP Gubernatorial nomination in Michigan. The Party decided they didnt’t want “Trump in heels” as she calls herself to win the nomination if they held a primary. So they set up a non convention nominating system. A series of remote voting areas for chosen “delegates” using ranked voting. Somehow it worked out that the current nominee won after several ballots. 

They did something similar in one of the congressional because the incumbent wasn’t “Trumpy” enough. Then made some voters in the district drive over three hours to the designated poling area. The challenger’s church in a drive thru election.

In Michigan the GOP is looking for complete control over polling place. Wanting to eliminate churches (who provide free space) and unpaid volunteers at polling places and replace them with paid party operatives.

I don’t have a problem with requesting IDs at poling places, but the party screaming about it also screamed bloody blue murder over free national IDs.