Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

11 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Bill Kristol tweeted this out with nothing but "Big, if true".  Never thought of him as a funny guy, but that was gold.

the 6pm guy on MSNBC had Billy Kristol and Bill Kristol on and they exchanged comedic barbs.   He's pretty funny. 

12 hours ago, Archie said:

You may not like MTG but she is to the republicans what Cortez and her group are to the democrat party. Greene is not afraid to stand up to Cortez and crew either which can be entertaining.

There is no real comparison and your second statement says it all.  I could go on all day about how AOC is the perfect definition of the things I've always disliked about the democratic party.  She has big grand ideas and IMO, but no policy that will actually achieve it.

Then you have Greene, she has no big grand ideas, she has no policy.  She claims everyone should have a right to speak, but then only wants her voice heard.  She spends more time playing pre-school with her staff, drawing up signs that she can hang outside her office to ridicule her colleagues.  If there was a game where you had to defeat a bunch of Karen's, MTG would be the final boss Karen at the end.  She brings no actual value to congress, but the Trump right love her because she can be entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

There is no real comparison and your second statement says it all.  I could go on all day about how AOC is the perfect definition of the things I've always disliked about the democratic party.  She has big grand ideas and IMO, but no policy that will actually achieve it.

Then you have Greene, she has no big grand ideas, she has no policy.  She claims everyone should have a right to speak, but then only wants her voice heard.  She spends more time playing pre-school with her staff, drawing up signs that she can hang outside her office to ridicule her colleagues.  If there was a game where you had to defeat a bunch of Karen's, MTG would be the final boss Karen at the end.  She brings no actual value to congress, but the Trump right love her because she can be entertaining.

This

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I think she does bring value when she speaks up to Cortez and her group.  She says things that need to be said that everyone else is afraid to say.  She's kind of like the hockey enforcer of the Republican house.  She probably won't be reelected since she most likely won't run unopposed again.  Democrats will spend a fortune to get rid of her so the Cortez can have the floor again without interruption.

lol @ "standing up to" someone in the Democratic party that was powerful enough to garner 30 seconds of speaking at the Democratic National Convention, and that 30 seconds included announcing the person who wasn't the nominee.

pretty amazing value provided there

but then again, the republic party likes to fellate a dude that beat up a tree with a knife as well so who am I to judge

Edited by pfife

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

Pretty succinct explanation here.... whether you agree or disagree with AOC, she at least appears to have an ethos and actual policy ideas. 

I can't really explain what MTG is after other than providing entertainment value for the base to seal clap for. I guess if you look at politics as a form of pro-wrestling, you'll think she's useful, but if you look at government in terms of policy or ideas, she's probably the most useless member of Congress.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Pretty succinct explanation here.... whether you agree or disagree with AOC, she at least appears to have an ethos and actual policy ideas. 

I can't really explain what MTG is after other than providing entertainment value for the base to seal clap for. I guess if you look at politics as a form of pro-wrestling, you'll think she's useful, but if you look at government in terms of policy or ideas, she's probably the most useless member of Congress.

I think MTG is in it for the money.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

wait so the ppl who constantly say Soros busses people in.... bussed people in?   I find that very very difficult to believe.

Isn't it hilarious that literally (by which I mean literally and not figuratively) everything they accuse their enemies of doing are the very same things they do themselves?

39 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Isn't it hilarious that literally (by which I mean literally and not figuratively) everything they accuse their enemies of doing are the very same things they do themselves?

but when you think about it, it's follows naturally. When fabricating without any actual data, and especially if you are not all that clever to begin with, you can't help but betray your own true disposition in your fabrications. In the end most 'authors' write what they know.