Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

16 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I can tell you how the rigged the GOP Gubernatorial nomination in Michigan. The Party decided they didnt’t want “Trump in heels” as she calls herself to win the nomination if they held a primary. So they set up a non convention nominating system. A series of remote voting areas for chosen “delegates” using ranked voting. Somehow it worked out that the current nominee won after several ballots. 

They did something similar in one of the congressional because the incumbent wasn’t “Trumpy” enough. Then made some voters in the district drive over three hours to the designated poling area. The challenger’s church in a drive thru election.

In Michigan the GOP is looking for complete control over polling place. Wanting to eliminate churches (who provide free space) and unpaid volunteers at polling places and replace them with paid party operatives.

I don’t have a problem with requesting IDs at poling places, but the party screaming about it also screamed bloody blue murder over free national IDs.

First, I thank you for at least attempting to answer my question.  However, it doesn't really answer the national issue.  I don't remember a woman on the Republican gubernatorial ballot for Michigan but I'm getting old .  I'm not a fan of Whitmer but the Republicans didn't have the best candidate either.  

11 minutes ago, Archie said:

First, I thank you for at least attempting to answer my question.  However, it doesn't really answer the national issue.  I don't remember a woman on the Republican gubernatorial ballot for Michigan but I'm getting old .  I'm not a fan of Whitmer but the Republicans didn't have the best candidate either.  

I was referring to the Virginia Gubernatorial race…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Firing squad for every one of those fascist traitors to Democracy. That includes 100% of the insurrectionists, and their Senatorial, Representative, and (one) Capital Police officer accomplices.

easy now.  the cure can't be worse than the disease.  Use a scalpel not a hammer.  

While Greene is definitely more successful—in her short Congressional career she’s raised more than $8.8 million—the most recent numbers filed by her own campaign show her fundraising totals are increasingly eaten up by the costs of chasing donors and paying off the operatives and professional fundraising consultants and vendors that she hires.

From the above article. I thought the GOP was supposed to be the fiscal responsible party.

But then came the Big Spender Former Guy who hasn’t meet a bankruptcy he didn’t like

7 minutes ago, Archie said:

I keep trying to get my head around the idea of raising $9 million dollars to get a job that pays under $200k a year.  The smart move would be to pocket the $9 million and go live happy somewhere without politics.

That's all Trump was doing when he first started running. It was one big donor funded junket - then he won.

It’s a racket. The candidates are trading fame. It’s make work. The point is to raise the 9 so you can pay the 8. Those people get cushy consulting gigs.  Nobody cares. The fame of the candidate is used to raise money.  It’s a ruse and they all are in on it. The politician is like a child actor where all the adults are getting rich. 

The raising of donations seems has gotten out of hand since Citizens United (Thank you Mrs Clarence Thomas)

One of two things need to happen. Either go to public financing of elections (no private donations) or tax the hell out of them. Tax the recipient at a 50 percent rate. And do away with Political Action Committees that these clowns hide behind.