Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Perhaps the most horrifying part of this wholly horrifying article is that “64% of all extremist group joins are due to [Facebook’s own] recommendation tools” … predominantly thanks to the models behind the ‘Groups You Should Join’ and ‘Discover’ features.”

Edited by chasfh

This is why we can't have nice things anymore. 

I have got to know what song that was.  My money's on "Someone Like You" by Adele 

(WWJ) A Sterling Heights woman is facing charges after she caused a scene over music playing at a grocery store in Troy.

Troy Police were called to the scene, the afternoon of Sept. 27, on a report about trouble with a customer at Paradise Fruit Market on E. Big Beaver Rd. at Dequindre Rd.

The 45-year-old woman said a song came on over the store's speaker system that she didn't like. She said it made her sad, so she asked employees if they would turn it off.

When the employees said they could not, police said, the woman got angry and started yelling.

That's when an employee called the cops.

The woman left before officers arrived, but called police and told them where to find her, parked on Parliament Drive in Sterling Heights.

A short time later, as an officer was trying to speak with the woman, police said she took off in her 2019 Chevy Trax. She tried to flee, but was blocked in by patrol cars and arrested.

The woman was charged with Hinder and Obstruction of a Police Officer... but the trouble did not stop there.

Later, at the Troy Police lock-up, police said the woman started to scream at the front desk attendant as she was being released, so she was arrested a second time and charged with Disorderly Conduct.

Police did not specify what song it was that upset the woman. WWJ Newsradio 950 has a call in to Troy PD to try to find out.

A woman in England beat up a neighbor for playing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" for several hours very loudly.  Also threw her stereo and speakers out the window.  She plead Temporary Insanity.  When she returned home the neighbors celebrated her. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The woman left before officers arrived, but called police and told them where to find her, parked on Parliament Drive in Sterling Heights.

Wow, reading this is a big flashback moment. Parliament Drive is part of what was called “Cigarette Sub”, a subdivision of streets in Sterling Heights explicitly named after cigarettes, like Winston, Salem, Pall Mall, Viceroy, Newport—and Parliament. I went to Catholic grade school with a bunch of kids who lived there. That was nearly half a century ago, which is about how long it’s been since I’ve thought of it. The memory of it is so hazy it feels like I dreamt it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Wow, reading this is a big flashback moment. Parliament Drive is part of what was called “Cigarette Sub”, a subdivision of streets in Sterling Heights explicitly named after cigarettes, like Winston, Salem, Pall Mall, Viceroy, Newport—and Parliament. I went to Catholic grade school with a bunch of kids who lived there. That was nearly half a century ago, which is about how long it’s been since I’ve thought of it. The memory of it is so hazy it feels like I dreamt it.

What an odd thing to name streets after.   I am sure this was before everyone realized the whole lung cancer connection.  Its usually trees or birds or where my mom lives its Monroe, McKinley, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Madison........I don't recall President Pardee, but there's a street names after him too.    

I remember seeing something on TV about an apartment complex where everything was named after a Beatles reference.  The main street was Penny Lane, of course.   

Somewhere in America there's a street named after my dad.    (music reference there).  

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What an odd thing to name streets after.   I am sure this was before everyone realized the whole lung cancer connection.  Its usually trees or birds or where my mom lives its Monroe, McKinley, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Madison........I don't recall President Pardee, but there's a street names after him too.    

I remember seeing something on TV about an apartment complex where everything was named after a Beatles reference.  The main street was Penny Lane, of course.   

Somewhere in America there's a street named after my dad.    (music reference there).  

As a kid that is how I learned presidents.  I wonder how many streets there are named after Harding?  And you also have the prestigious universities.  Harvard. Yale. Princeton. Tulane. Cornell.  Some of those streets go pretty far south. 

did you know the main road going south a long time ago was Pardee?  Like to Monroe or Toledo? It wasn’t Telegraph.  That’s just where the Telegraph line ran. 

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

... I don't recall President Pardee, but there's a street names after him too...

There is no President Pardee.

Maybe a Senator or Governor or famous local politician? There was a Governor Pardee of California during the San Francisco earthquake and fire (1906).

Actually, a quick look says Pardee was named after a local rich farmer...?

https://www.sodadearborn.com/2020/07/

3 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Maybe a Senator or Governor or famous local politician? There was a Governor Pardee of California during the San Francisco earthquake and fire (1906).

Figures. 

9 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

you don't have to answer but... do you live in the neighborhood?

No...

I haven't lived in Michigan since 1982. Grew up in west Detroit on Burt Road (right across from a golf course... forgot the name of it... River Rouge Golf Course? And then moved out in '77 for High School in Fowlerville (home of Charlie Gehringer)... Actually, 8th grade through 12th...

Had cousins in Redfern...

But on Pardee, just did a quick google and all this info popped up, it was an easy answer...

They were stopped at the border and not let in.  It was the stay in Mexico policy. 

There reportedly is a couple large groups on the way now.  Each has 40,000 to 80,000 people.  I think this administration looks at them as future democrat voters.  These people are coming because they know they will get in and not be deported.  

Edited by Archie