4/23 1:10 Rockies @ Tigers Game #1

Tigeraholic1

40 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

Don't have a sister.

Aw, c’mon, do you really expect us to believe that you don’t have a Sister, Christian?

EDIT: Oops looks like I was just a little late to the joke. 

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

You know how people sometimes have breakfast for dinner? Bert’s family has dinner for breakfast. Explains a lot. 😉

It was Sunday at 12:20 in the afternoon. On Sunday we called lunch dinner because it was a special event. For actual “dinner“ in the evening we usually had something simple like cold cuts because we’d already had the big Sunday meal earlier.

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It was Sunday at 12:20 in the afternoon. On Sunday we called lunch dinner because it was a special event. For actual “dinner“ in the evening we usually had something simple like cold cuts because we’d already had the big Sunday meal earlier.

My wife comes from a rural area full of elderly people where they still use “dinner” to mean the afternoon meal and “supper” to mean the evening meal. I also believe “dinner” is the bigger meal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Yankees scored two in the 9th to walkoff over the Guarindians. Tigers will be tied with the White Sox about 15 minutes from now and can be tied for 1st place with a win in the nightcap. 

May actually be guaranteed a tie with the Jerk Sox depending on their game with the Twinkies today

Edited by mtutiger

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

My wife comes from a rural area full of elderly people where they still use “dinner” to mean the afternoon meal and “supper” to mean the evening meal. I also believe “dinner” is the bigger meal. 

My years in da UP taught me about "Supper Clubs"...

Interesting concept

Aside from all the hoopla (not there is anything wrong with hoopla 🎉🎊) the best long term signs from this game were: Skubal - of course!, and Schoop hitting the ball hard a couple of times. 

Also Congrats to Harold for 4/5 - maybe his best day as a Tiger?  However, TBH, Skubal gives up two fewer hits and probably goes 7 if Baez is at short.

Edited by gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Aside from all the hoopla (not there is anything wrong with hoopla 🎉🎊) the best long term signs from this game were: Skubal - of course!, and Schoop hitting the ball hard a couple of times. 

Also Congrats to Harold for 4/5 - maybe his best day as a Tiger?  However, TBH, Skubal gives up two fewer hits and probably goes 7 if Baez is at short.

Considering where they drafted him, Skubal may be the biggest get out of the three potential aces... he's lethal, particularly when he commands his offspeed stuff

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Explain yourself. 

Explain Yourself Giancarlo Esposito GIF by Breaking Bad - Find & Share on GIPHY

Fanbase is at fault here.  The actual Yankees are not to be blamed for walking Miggy the other day.  However, I enjoy the general stirring of the anti-Yankee pot.   Likely they Yankee organization will give the fan who threw the objects at Myles Straw a special reward and have the Quisling MLB front office give Straw a huge suspension. 

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Fanbase is at fault here.  The actual Yankees are not to be blamed for walking Miggy the other day.  However, I enjoy the general stirring of the anti-Yankee pot.   Likely they Yankee organization will give the fan who threw the objects at Myles Straw a special reward and have the Quisling MLB front office give Straw a huge suspension. 

27 titles..........and this is how they act after a WIN?    Find the ones responsible (there are cameras everywhere) and ban them for life.   Just awful.