4/23 1:10 Rockies @ Tigers Game #1

Tigeraholic1

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/33775433/miggy-3k-where-miguel-cabrera-ranks-mlb-3000-hit-500-home-run-club

Cool article by David Schoenfield breaking a bunch of numbers down between the 7 guys to do this. One thing that caught my attention was that Miggy's 3 year peak in terms of RC+ was 3rd behind only Pujols and Aaron(Miggy's was 180.3 them two were 182), as good as Miggy is I didn't realize that his 3 best years would be better than guys like ARod and Mays and basically with in shouting distance to Pujols and Aaron.  Also Miggy's 2013 season is better than any single season of any of those guys in terms of RC+. 

People in front of me missed it by 4 minutes because they were…. waiting in line for food. Really?  

and if you think the crowd looks smaller than you would expect know that the concourses are as crowded as they were in the playoffs.  Opening Day was never as bad because a lot of people were outside.  That’s what it’s like today. 

11 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Rockies look like the energy at stadium, of the Miggy moment, followed by the Tork blast, has just taken the wind out their sales.  And Skuval dealing on top of that...dont want to jinx it, but this game feels like a 100% Tigers W at this point.

Miggy moment really woke the rest of the team up as well... without a doubt the best four inning stretch they have played all season.

25 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/33775433/miggy-3k-where-miguel-cabrera-ranks-mlb-3000-hit-500-home-run-club

Cool article by David Schoenfield breaking a bunch of numbers down between the 7 guys to do this. One thing that caught my attention was that Miggy's 3 year peak in terms of RC+ was 3rd behind only Pujols and Aaron(Miggy's was 180.3 them two were 182), as good as Miggy is I didn't realize that his 3 best years would be better than guys like ARod and Mays and basically with in shouting distance to Pujols and Aaron.  Also Miggy's 2013 season is better than any single season of any of those guys in terms of RC+. 

He was also injured in 2013.

Through August 26th (123 games) Cabrera was hitting .359/.450/.688 with 43 HRs and 130 RBIs. He reaggravated an abdominal injury that game.

From then until the end of the season (25 games) he hit .284/.396/.333 with 1 HR and 7 RBI.

And in the playoffs he only hit .262/.311/.405.

He went from challenging for the greatest RHH season in MLB history to a replacement level player.

32 minutes ago, oblong said:

People in front of me missed it by 4 minutes because they were…. waiting in line for food. Really?  

and if you think the crowd looks smaller than you would expect know that the concourses are as crowded as they were in the playoffs.  Opening Day was never as bad because a lot of people were outside.  That’s what it’s like today. 

I was watching TV when they were bringing Lee Harvey Oswald out in 1963 and my mom impatiently called me to Sunday dinner and I missed him being shot.