5/11 7:10 A's @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Nights like tonight are gonna happen in this sport... and Wentz? It was probably too early for him anyway, he wouldn't have been up here if not for Mize/Manning missing time.

But it's the fact that I know I can walk away from this stuff and check back in in a few hours and know there's better than 50/50 odds the Tigers will have a goose egg on the scoreboard that bothers me. That blows.

Edited by mtutiger

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Tigers will be 9-22.  The Reds, you know, the disgrace of baseball, are 7-24. 

They are about to repeat last year's start and if this was my team, I'd probably fire everyone.  

Reyes wasting time at Toledo - just hit a HR. Clemens 1/2 hitting 300. 

image.jpeg.acea026104d42861a2270518df4f146b.jpeg

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

He's not seeing speed change so well. The breaking balls he's swinging at are in the zone, but he's out front.

I think I would be more concerned if he was swinging at balls in the dirt.  Those guys seem to never get going.  He can probably hit AAA breakng balls.  He needs to learn to hit them in the majors.  But I have no scouting credibility at all, so don't listen to me.  😄

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I think I would be more concerned if he was swinging at balls in the dirt.  Those guys seem to never get going.  He can probably hit AAA breakng balls.  He needs to learn to hit them in the majors.  But I have no scouting credibility at all, so don't listen to me.  😄

I'll take Dallas Braden's word for it. 

• Like 1

and of course it would have been such a mistake to stretch out Peralta to start when Mize and Manning went down since he only has a 0.00 era and 10K/IP. 

This is the first season since Ausmus was fired when there are so many decisions being make that reek of trying to be too a shade or two too smart instead of just taking the obvious route to the best likely performances.

Edited by gehringer_2

42 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Timing was good on the breaking ball he just pulled to third (98 MPH), but noT high enough.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Timing was good on the breaking ball he just pulled to third (98 MPH), but noT high enough.

At this point, as long as his confidence doesn't appear to be damaged, I don't see the point in sending him down, especially as they are currently playing like a team who will be lucky to get to 70 wins.

And I trust AJ's judgment to know when that point is over the rest of the fanbase, who appears to be labeling him a bust at this point.

5 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I'm not sure Chris Ilitch even follows baseball, he might just read the monthly financials.  If attendance doesn't improve he might fire the marketing and promotions people.

Well, they shouldn’t do that without seeing if they can hit a baseball first.

• Haha 1