5/31 1:10 Twins @ Tigers Game #1

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

Perhaps Riley will only play every other day or so as he eases back conservatively and that’s why he won’t be in Detroit until later when he can play every day without discomfort?

Well it's looking like he's been playing every day since he came back.   they haven't announced the lineup for tonight (perhaps they are waiting to see how many Tigers get injured today).   The over/under is 2.5

1 minute ago, kdog said:

A couple of errors from two of our highest paid players in a blowout...leads to some add-on runs. What a professional outfit.

I dunno, I think I would prefer a blowout to a stress inducing, nail biting tough loss.  Let's move on to the evening game.

• Like 1

Just now, chasfh said:

Bally crawl just said Casey Mize is starting his throwing progression in Lakeland. What’s the over/under on them shutting him down? It’s gotta be sometime Thursday or Friday … 

If they do shut him down again I hope it's for another 30 day 'wait and see' again - though it's already getting late for him to back in 2024.

1 minute ago, BBFCFM said:

No way Clemens paid for that suite, c'mon!

I know, I know … just playa hatin is all …

John Salley once said, the more famous you get and the more money you make, the more free stuff you get so the less you spend.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Sure looks like Rony ain’t ready for prime time. 

The flipside is I would say we can't look at Rony or Brieske as anything more than back of the rotation types anyways. And the up and down performances that come with that... If they do better than that great... but I think my expectations for them range from middle reliever to spot starter to 5th/ 6th/ 7th starter.

Which is still needed in any Org...

I'm just saying...

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

The flipside is I would say we can't look at Rony or Brieske as anything more than back of the rotation types anyways. And the up and down performances that come with that... If they do better than that great... but I think my expectations for them range from middle reliever to spot starter to 5th/ 6th/ 7th starter.

I'm just saying...

Rony was/is the better of the 2 we have going today. How many starting pitchers have the Tigers used this year, about 10?

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I'm just saying...

I agree with your take on expectations.

While we're in the midst of getting blown out it made me go see how many times we were on the winning end up blow outs and best I can tell the 13-0 Rockies game is the only one where we won by 5 or more runs, in fact we only have 3 games where we won by more than 3 runs. Virtually all our wins have been by 1 or 2 runs so as bad as our record is it could be even worse if our bullpen wasn't holding up their end of things. 

• Like 1