6/13 7:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

If people on a message board can figure it out, I am pretty sure Torkelson should be able to figure it out too.

I am not defending Coolbaugh because I have no idea what he does, but you really think this roster would be mashing on a nightly basis with a different hitting coach?

Edited by tiger2022

1 minute ago, tiger2022 said:

If people on a message board can figure it out, I am pretty sure Torkelson should be able to figure it out too.

I am not defending Coolbaugh because I have no idea what he does, but you really think this roster would be mashing on a nightly basis with a different hitting coach?

no, but OTOH, I don't expect them to continually take counterproductive approaches without adjusting. Last season we did see Baddoo make adjustments when pitchers shifted their approach on him - could be Torkelson is just stubborn, in which case a trip to the minors can be an appropriate tool.

1 minute ago, tiger2022 said:

Miguel still one of the smartest hitters in MLB history

Funny, he has never hit LHP better and nowadays with his preference to inside out the ball, he really does not like it when a LHP comes inside on him. He fouled off the two on the inside, but when Sousa left one on the outside he tagged it.

13 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

could be Torkelson is just stubborn, in which case a trip to the minors can be an appropriate tool.

MLB pitchers are going to make his life miserable until he does something about it.  There is no reason to throw anything to him other than on the outside corner.   

4 minutes ago, tiger2022 said:

MLB pitchers are going to make his life miserable until he does something about it.  There is no reason to throw anything to him other than on the outside corner.   

Just go down under the bleachers, set the tee up for low and outside, and drive it to right center.  100 times.  If Coolbaugh sees something, and Tork won't listen, then get rid of Coolbaugh he isn't persuasive enough.

Maybe he should ask Miggy for advice, he always used the whole field.

Just now, tiger2022 said:

Best at bat of the night for him for sure.  It looked like Sousa was trying to go outside and just either missed too far over the plate or challenged him on the fly out.

I will say that in that previous AB, Eddings didn't do him any favors calling a ball two ball widths off a strike.

But he's still gotta cover the outside better