6/13 7:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Grossman is where you would have hoped a hitting coach could have done something. Supposedly Robbie, unsatisfied with his best career year (and nothing wrong with that per se) went out over the off-season and tried to retool some stuff. Well, damn if it hasn't worked out, but can't he at least get back to where he was? And can't coaching help him get there?

Sure it's possible he is toast at 32, he wouldn't be the 1st, but it does seem a little odd that there was no intermediate fall off last season or even in the second half of last season.

Edited by gehringer_2

last in walks might argue that they don't take enough pitches, but I think counter-intuitively, it goes the other way. I think last year they were so pleased with their ability to extend ABs and work pitchers that I do wonder if they fell in love with it too much and opposing pitchers are taking advantage of a team that is now not aggressive enough early in the count, so they giving away too many strikes.

It's great to make pitchers work, but you have to remember the best way to drive a pitch count is not to take pitches, it's to get guys on base. In the hierarchy of baseball,  chasing starters is good, but not as good as scoring runs.

Edited by gehringer_2

Additionally, at the moment of truth(getting a hitter's pitch), they are not capable of barreling the ball. Harold Castro has the highest barrel rate at 7.8%. That comes in at 44 in mlb.

Candelario is at 6.7% which is not terrible. The rest are at 5.2% or less....which puts you at about 150th in mlb or worse.

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Call up Greene  &   DFA Grossman.   I mean, he's not part of the future, he brings nothing.   I think the team is better off to give Reyes, Cameron and Hill as much time as they can to see who they might stick with in the future.  Grossman just clogs up the works at this point.  

This.