6/13 7:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

I have a hard time blaming coaching when these guys are missing fastballs down the middle. Last year, it was a mistake to throw Haase a fastball and now he can't make contact.

Tork's first AB was a full count and swung and missed a 94 mph fastball down the middle.

9 hours ago, kdog said:

Jacob Barnes dfa, Derek Hill optioned to Toledo.

Hutchison and Alexander called up. Hutch will start tomorrow.

I agree with the Barnes move but sending down the one guy on the team that can actually play CF defense is not smart.  There has to be other options than Hutchinson too.  It makes me think they've decided to lose the game before it even started.  More and more I think the best move that could be made is a managerial change.  Maybe package a deal to trade both Hinch and Avila to another team for a part time hot dog vendor.  It would be better deal than a lot of the moves we've seen the last few years.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

I know you're being facetious, but of the two, Greene looked more ready than Tork did in Spring Training. 

Even then, Lynn seemed to be swimming against the current as (iirc) he felt the opposite 

I have to remember that Alan Trammell had sluggish start to his career.   Still, I was hoping for a more dynamic hitter already. 

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

I have to remember that Alan Trammell had sluggish start to his career.   Still, I was hoping for a more dynamic hitter already. 

I don't think the team did him any favors by setting expectations really high. Nor does it help that you have Jeremy Pena and Julio Rodriguez (among others) out there performing pretty well as rookies. But at the end of the day, he's still a 22 year old in his 15th month of professional baseball. 

I expected better of course, but people should have always been open to the possibility that he would struggle or that there would be a learning curve adjusting to big league pitching. And not every kid hits the ground running out of the gate. Aaron Judge and MIke Trout are good examples.

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I don't think the team did him any favors by setting expectations really high. Nor does it help that you have Jeremy Pena and Julio Rodriguez (among others) out there performing pretty well as rookies. But at the end of the day, he's still a 22 year old in his 15th month of professional baseball. 

I expected better of course, but people should have always been open to the possibility that he would struggle or that there would be a learning curve adjusting to big league pitching. And not every kid hits the ground running out of the gate. Aaron Judge and MIke Trout are good examples.

So is Scott Sizemore.

On the bunt, Chafin made a crucial throwing error.

"I zooed it, straight up zooed it," Chafin said. "Terrible throw. There ain't much more to be said about it than that."

Torkelson, hitting .181 in 55 games, finished 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.

"We need to see him pick it up a little bit and keep himself a little bit more consistently in the at-bats," Hinch said. "It's easy to pile on a guy when he has a bad night, so I don't want to do that. But we're aware he's not performing quite to the level that he's going to or that he has, but we'd like to see him come out of it."