6/14 7:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, BBFCFM said:

Is it true that Moncada is a big, late night partier?

that's the rumor.  he's been out late very often.  not that that makes him a partier, but that's the implication.

he's also been terrible for two years and people are looking for reasons not to like him.

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

that's the rumor.  he's been out late very often.  not that that makes him a partier, but that's the implication.

he's also been terrible for two years and people are looking for reasons not to like him.

thanks!

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

And I like him 10 times better than Baez as of today.

58 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Wow, they just showed the play where Gibson ran into the umpire and catcher!  I have been looking for that play for decades.  He also hit the ball over the right field roof in the same game.  It was a game I'll never forget even though they lost.  

Yeah, and it seems to be decent enough quality video to boot.  I didn’t think video of it existed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kdog said:

Who is responsible for the major league product in year 5 of a rebuild? I'd hate to be the guy who was in charge of this organization.

sure, but after 5 years of drafting we had a couple guys in the top 10 prospect lists!

rebuild.  over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Something has to break with this. 

well, if you want to go radical and break some china? Fire Coolbaugh, cut Grossman and give the OF to Reyes, Cameron (he should  be over COVID soon), Greene, Meadows. If Kreidler's hand is holding up you let him challenge Schoop Javy and Candelario for playing time. At catcher they are stuck, there's nothing available. Push Carpenter to AAA and Perez to AA. 

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

well, if you want to go radical and break some china? Fire Coolbaugh, cut Grossman and give the OF to Reyes, Cameron (he should  be over COVID soon), Greene, Meadows. If Kreidler's hand is holding up you let him challenge Schoop Javy and Candelario for playing time. At catcher they are stuck, there's nothing available. Push Carpenter to AAA and Perez to AA. 

Catcher would be Jake's job if he's healthy. 

I dunno.  It all seems really broken.  The total absence of power is shocking.

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The last couple of nights have been really bad because, instead of being uncompetitive while doing completely nothing offensively, they are instead losing after having gotten men on base.

As many times as they have been held to 2 or 3 hits, they have had games where they leave 18, 19, 20+ men on base. Countless times. And have often had little to show for it. 

They just can't hit for any power or in any sort of situational form, and at this point it's hard to see that changing.