7/3 12:05 Royals @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Too early to call Tork a bust.  Plenty of guys who had great careers had terrible rookie seasons.   Doesn't help that he was dropped into the middle of a shit lineup.    Where is Grossman getting traded?   And why hasn't it happened yet?  Tell me the logic of keeping a guy around who is not part of the future when we should be looking at Daz, Baddoo or even Carpenter everyday?  

Why is Scott Coolbaugh still employed?   Obviously he has not found any solutions for veteran hitters like Schoop and Candy 

Now Garcia is out and he was pitching well.    Who the hell is Garrett HIll?    Our 14th starter this year - in half a season.   Meanwhile, according to Chris, the rebuild is over, it's been a successful season and whatever tradable pieces we have left (bullpen arms), are in the hands of Al Fucking Avila, who will probably draft a high school pitcher again.   

And where the hell is Eduardo Rodriguez and is he really out of touch, and if he is, are you morons still paying him?  

Good night.  

Your rants always do my heart good. Thank you.

This is the “prospect TLDR” comment from Fangraphs card:

Prospects TLDR: Arguably the best college hitter in the last decade, Torkelson's bat carries his profile entirely, but it has elite potential.

IOW, if TORK! doesn’t have his bat—if he doesn’t realize that potential—then he doesn’t have a career.

25 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Can he play 1st base? It would be nice to get any production at all from a power position. Torkelson is a bust, not the 1st #1 pick to not produce.

If the Giants can send Joey Bart down, the Tigers can send Tork down. Bart struggled with the bat. His defense was fine. Same story with Tork. I can’t see anything being accomplished by keeping him up. Let him go down and work on his issues there. This year is long since shot. Get him ready for next year. He’d be back before the year is out anyway.

Maybe Al is afraid Chris would hear about Tork being sent down and all of a sudden start asking questions about his team. 🤫

Edited by 1776

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is the “prospect TLDR” comment from Fangraphs card:

Prospects TLDR: Arguably the best college hitter in the last decade, Torkelson's bat carries his profile entirely, but it has elite potential.

IOW, if TORK! doesn’t have his bat—if he doesn’t realize that potential—then he doesn’t have a career.

Exactly the definition of a bust. High expectations, highly rated and drafted early. But no production. How long do we wait? 2 more years? A new GM would clean house of all of Avila's mistakes.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Is the game on Bally Sports locally? I believe it’s available outside Detroit only through Peacock paid, right?

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Fuck MLB and fuck an additional app to buy to see a Sunday home game

1 hour ago, JackPine said:

Agreed, I already pay for mlb.tv and cable...

50 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

So the game isn't on "free" TV?

Just $treaming and/or the radio?

spacer.png

MLB trying to grow the game but cutting off accessibility.  That’s how you earn market share, right?

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Exactly the definition of a bust. High expectations, highly rated and drafted early. But no production. How long do we wait? 2 more years? A new GM would clean house of all of Avila's mistakes.

The kid ain’t even 23 yet.  And he’s not the only underperforming bat on the roster.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Rob Manfred can't even figure out what ball to use.  You want him to master this?  

The baseball doesn’t matter.  Squeezing every possible nickel out of every possible pocket is the objective at hand.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Rob Manfred can't even figure out what ball to use.  You want him to master this?  

The Cardinals hit four consecutive home runs in the first inning yesterday. The Dodgers hit three hone runs in the first inning last night. The balls are juiced and every at bat is about hitting a home run. That’s some boring shit after a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

The kid ain’t even 23 yet.  And he’s not the only underperforming bat on the roster.

Yes, he's young. And should have been sent down June 1st when it was painfully obvious he wasnt/isn't ready. But by all means, keep him up here. Destroy any possibility of any development he may have.

3 minutes ago, casimir said:

He’ll be good, no doubt about it. He got drafted by a shitty organization that sucks at developing players. As a front line guy you would think Hinch would suggest giving him a break from this level and get him some less stressful reps in Toledo. 

27 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Seriously, I think anyone from this board could run a team and do this.   Pay me that salary, at least you'll have the excuse of me not being a baseball guy, because YOUR "baseball guy" is a schmuck. 

The Chris I Tigers have become the Lions...where 99.9% of the fanbase could de a better job building the team.

15 minutes ago, casimir said:

MLB trying to grow the game but cutting off accessibility.  That’s how you earn market share, right?

And the MLB.com app on my iPad and iPhone are both a day behind on the audio. When I click in the audio link in Gameday, it goes to yesterday’s archived game instead 

• Haha 2