7/3 12:05 Royals @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

2 hours ago, casimir said:

The kid ain’t even 23 yet.  And he’s not the only underperforming bat on the roster.

During Spring Training, our fanbase continually grouped him with Greene in suggesting that it would be insane for him not to be on the Opening Day roster. 

And now? We are declaring him a bust. Shit, he smacked a missile in this game and people still appear to be suggesting he needs to head down I-75.

He will be fine. I am fine with him getting ABs at this level and learning major league pitching... 

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

During Spring Training, our fanbase continually grouped him with Greene in suggesting that it would be insane for him not to be on the Opening Day roster. 

And now? We are declaring him a bust. Shit, he smacked a missile in this game and people still appear to be suggesting he needs to head down I-75.

He will be fine. I am fine with him getting ABs at this level and learning major league pitching... 

He’s never faced MLB pitching before, so there is that obvious learning curve.

He’s probably never struggled like this on a baseball field before.  That’s got to be a new experience for him that he’s simply got to figure out.

I would think if Torkleson is completely overmatched mentally, Hinch would have convinced the Tiger brass to send him down by now.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

And the MLB.com app on my iPad and iPhone are both a day behind on the audio. When I click in the audio link in Gameday, it goes to yesterday’s archived game instead 

Well, yesterday’s game was better than today’s, so I’d consider that a win.

I turned in around the 3rd today and had no issues.

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

I would think if Torkleson is completely overmatched mentally, Hinch would have convinced the Tiger brass to send him down by now.

Exactly. Hinch sometimes makes game decisions I dont like, but in terms of managing the roster at a higher level, Hinch knows his players better than any of us do and I trust his judgment in how he handles the roster.

Edited by mtutiger

Just now, romad1 said:

Tomorrow's games will be broadcast at participating Arby's and shown on the Crackle app. 

Its just 4.99 per month to get the premium Roast Beef and Cheddar and with the purchase you get to watch as many as 2 innings of the game. 

49 minutes ago, casimir said:

Well, yesterday’s game was better than today’s, so I’d consider that a win.

I turned in around the 3rd today and had no issues.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Between this and the in-game audio snafu, they really need to debug the app on the next go round.

36 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Fans who use the Crackle app who use the code "Manfred Sucks" at login get to watch a AAA pitcher pitch because our FA signing decided he made a huge mistake coming to the Detroit Tigers.

I laugh, but I am not 100% sure your joke about the FA pitcher is not actually true.

34 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

On a separate, what's the fewest games someone has played, yet stillmade the all star game? Because at this point, Greene is the only guy on this team remotely qaulified for it...and we gotta have one according to the rules.

Fulmer, Jimenez and even Soto all are qualified statistically. It sucks that its still just relievers, but if one of those guys are picked, it'll be warranted