07/10/2022 2:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

Tigeraholic1

There have to be consequences for veterans who aren’t hitting this deep into the season and make fundamental mistakes. He has no trade value…act like you  care that the team is this bad.

Edited by kdog

Just now, casimir said:

Seems strange to be happy about a loss, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

Not happy, it's actually just pretty much predictable with this offense.  After yesterdays shitastic plate approaches, it was bound to carry over. 6 wins in a row, with the O scoring runs is the exception with this shitbag offense...it's really not hard to see it comin, sometimes it's just easier to accept it.

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Release Grossman and send Tork to Toledo. Maybe he can be the next Hessman, a career home run hitter in AAA. Pretty useless in 2022, so far.

I am guessing this is hyperbole, but I mean Tork is 22 and spent what 1 year in the minors. I think he could use some time in AAA but to be that down on him already I mean that seems a bit much. As for Grossman, yeah bring up Baddoo please or Carpenter for that matter. 

4 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I am guessing this is hyperbole, but I mean Tork is 22 and spent what 1 year in the minors. I think he could use some time in AAA but to be that down on him already I mean that seems a bit much. As for Grossman, yeah bring up Baddoo please or Carpenter for that matter. 

A new GM would drop Tork like a bad habit. The worst hitter in all of MLB. Yeah, Toledo for now. Maybe next year he can hit .200? Or are we supposed to keep carrying him? He wouldn't be the 1st college slugger to wash out. 

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Release Grossman and send Tork to Toledo. Maybe he can be the next Hessman, a career home run hitter in AAA. Pretty useless in 2022, so far.

Comparing a 22 year old Torkelson to Hessman’s career seems just a bit of a stretch.

• Like 1

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

A new GM would drop Tork like a bad habit. The worst hitter in all of MLB. Yeah, Toledo for now. Maybe next year he can hit .200? Or are we supposed to keep carrying him? He wouldn't be the 1st college slugger to wash out. 

Wow.  Go out and get some sun.

• Like 1

Shep has been bragging all year on Grossman playing so many games without an error.  At least that will stop now.  I think the errorless games have been overrated.  He's misplayed or missed several balls this year that in my opinion should have been errors.  Also if you aren't fast enough catch up to a fly ball it isn't ruled an error.  Hopefully after the trade deadline at the latest they will make a move on Grossman.  Unfortunately he brings nothing to the team at this point.