07/24/2022 1:40 EDT Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers

casimir

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

OK, at what point do we start assigning any responsibility at all for the injuries to the training staff, versus 100% to simple dumb luck? I mean, this is really persistent.

That's exactly how I feel, Frank Zappa,  there is more to it than just luck.  There has to be. 

And the Coolbaugh thing...........When Greene came up he was just playing baseball like he has his whole life.   The Tigers got in his head and they've got him thinking about things instead of just playing.    They are overloading these guys with information.  Either you can do it, or you can't and when you can't, then you try to figure out how you can.   They're digging into these guys skulls way too much.  I think they did it with Candelario and Schoop and Tork.    Heck, Victor Reyes came back and was hitting, then Coolbeans got to him and got in his head and he can't hit now.    Don't let him near Kerry Carpenter. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Even Greene has not been such a positive lately.  .233/.290/.384 in July.

More and more every day I think there is something fundamentally wrong with this team's approach to hitting. Whether that is Coolbaugh, Hinch or Avila's influence or some combination it's reaching a point where it's statistically too unlikely that that so many hitters could come to this team either from other teams or from the minors and all crash. You can put JD Martinez on one side of the ledger, and almost every other player who has ever been on the roster on the other. 

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Six years of rebuilding nets us this team and they don't house clean then they really do not care about the Team, the Fans, the city of Detroit or their own self pride. 

Honestly surprised they drew as many fans today as they did. Have tolerated a lot of bad baseball over the years, but I wouldn't pay to watch this crap

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That's exactly how I feel, Frank Zappa,  there is more to it than just luck.  There has to be. 

And the Coolbaugh thing...........When Greene came up he was just playing baseball like he has his whole life.   The Tigers got in his head and they've got him thinking about things instead of just playing.    They are overloading these guys with information.  Either you can do it, or you can't and when you can't, then you try to figure out how you can.   They're digging into these guys skulls way too much.  I think they did it with Candelario and Schoop and Tork.    Heck, Victor Reyes came back and was hitting, then Coolbeans got to him and got in his head and he can't hit now.    Don't let him near Kerry Carpenter. 

The lack of accountability for the situation with the hitting is unfathomable. Can you imagine where Coolbaugh *and* probably Hinch and Avila would be by now if George Steinbrenner owned this team? Probably Siberia.

1 minute ago, Dave Christian said:

I'm done with this years version of the Detroit Tigers.

I'll check in next year maybe.

I'm not done, but getting real close to going radio only for the most part because DD/Jimmie/Utility Color Commentators are enjoyable enough to keep my interest.

The product on the field is garbage tho. It may be one of the least entertaining Tiger ballclubs during the course of my life. Increasingly dont care to watch