2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

6 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

It’s probably majority Lions pretty much year-round. With how bad the teams have all been for the last decade, the rest fluctuates with who is showing any inkling of promise, or when there is topical news (like Miggy’s chase for milestones or Avila getting canned). The topic of “who will be good again first?” Seems to come up weekly.

but you have michigan and michigan state to talk about.  there is no college football home team to talk about here.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

what would you say is the percentage breakdown of topics in detroit sports radio?

here is's 70% bears, 15% bulls, 15% everything else during football season and 50% bears, 30% baseball, and 20% everything else in the offseason.  

The Fan changed format a few years ago so there’s only 1 sports talk channel.   There is almost zero Pistons or Wings talk all year round.   I suspect that will change a bit when they get better.

My best estimate on coverage.  Football season that leaves 70% Lions, 20%UM/MSU, 5% General NFL, 5% gambling.   

Spring it’s 50% Lions off-season and draft and 50% Tigers

Summer is 75% Lions and 20% Lions and 5% UM preseason hype.

Edited by Hongbit

Obviously this was going to happen. But let’s say JJ suffers season-ending injury against Purdue and and McNamara is now healthy, can he leave the portal for the CFP?

Edit: did he have surgery already? I think I forgot about that. So he’s done for year anyways. 

Edited by lordstanley

This was posted on Instagram just two weeks ago. There is no way he'd be ready to suit up by January... I wish him the best of luck though. He brought Michigan to heights we have't seen in a long, long time and he deserves nothing but the utmost respect by this fanbase.

I think if he lands in the right spot, he could be a winner and even pop up on some draft boards.

764202382_ScreenShot2022-11-28at1_21_27PM.thumb.png.6684ba9e3368eff1524bda6babec6631.png

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

This was posted on Instagram just two weeks ago. There is no way he'd be ready to suit up by January... I wish him the best of luck though. He brought Michigan to heights we have't seen in a long, long time and he deserves nothing but the utmost respect by this fanbase.

I think if he lands in the right spot, he could be a winner and even pop up on some draft boards.

764202382_ScreenShot2022-11-28at1_21_27PM.thumb.png.6684ba9e3368eff1524bda6babec6631.png

Wisconsin next year?   Iowa ? 

45 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Wisconsin would be a good landing spot for him if he is fully healthy next year. A great transition for Fickell's first year at the program so he doesn't have to trot out Graham Mertz again.

Iowa too.   If they had a decent QB they'd be back in Indy this year.     Wish nothing but the best to the young man (unless he plays against Michigan).   

42 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think he could look outside the B1G too. Tennessee will have Joe Milton and a 4* freshman after Hooker declares... Kentucky has no one noteworthy behind Will Levis.

Maybe he's looking closer to home too.  He's from Reno.   I think quite a few Pac-12 teams will be looking for a stabilizing QB next year.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, buddha said:

meh.

Exactly Harbaugh and Manuel’s attitude towards a player being arrested on a charge that it later turned into a felony.  No big deal then and still no big deal now.   

They don’t need him this game.  Suspend him for Indy and then move on.  Set the proper precedent for the team going forward.   Even if it’s just for show because this looks bad. 

You’ve got to admit it’s pretty sad when Mel Tucker and MSU are the ones with more discipline and accountability to the law.   

Edited by Hongbit

20 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Exactly Harbaugh and Manuel’s attitude towards a player being arrested on a charge that it later turned into a felony.  No big deal then and still no big deal now.   

They don’t need him this game.  Suspend him for Indy and then move on.  Set the proper precedent for the team going forward.   Even if it’s just for show because this looks bad. 

You’ve got to admit it’s pretty sad when Mel Tucker and MSU are the ones with more discipline and accountability to the law.   

lol.  and i thought michigan fans were the most self righteous holier than thou fans, but here comes usc giving us a run for our holy money!  🙂

mazi smith had a gun in his car.  that's not a big deal.  mel tucker had multiple people beat the shit out of a guy on camera.  and they were dealt with accordingly.  thats a big difference to me.

michigan's problem is in their fans' attitude that their players and school are somehow better than others or that they take these things more seriously than others.  the idea that a kid who signs with michigan becomes an instant paragon of virtue.  or that the school and program are above reproach and only others cheat.

michigan players are humans like everyone else and they are entitled asses like others too.  

that said, mazi's crime is pretty low on the spectrum.  if they suspend him for indy, that's fine.  if not, that's fine too.  the msu comparison is apples to oranges here.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

michigan's problem is in their fans' attitude that their players and school are somehow better than others or that they take these things more seriously than others.  the idea that a kid who signs with michigan becomes an instant paragon of virtue.  or that the school and program are above reproach and only others cheat.

michigan players are humans like everyone else and they are entitled asses like others too.  

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think it may have been in Michigan’s interests to have suspended Mazi for the Indiana game. “Violation of Team Rules”.

I don’t think not doing so is hypocritical 

I agree with this.

The decision to not suspend and wait for charges was UM’s call.  When it came back felony, then you have to enforce some discipline.   If it was really just a minor clerical error the prosecutor would’ve just dismissed.  Not suspending him makes it look bad and is straight from the Urban Meyer school of coaching.   

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Hearing that Erick All was upset with UM medical staff and went to Florida for surgery against recommendations.   this is all secondhand smoke though. 

It would fit in with the Cade theory. Cade in his statement said "turns out I've been dealing with a serious knee injury since the middle of last year", as if his injury may have been missed by the medical staff last year. I noticed that Cade had his procedure done by the LA Rams team physician, but didn't think much of it.