2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

As expected I turn on Afternoon Sparty radio with Valenti and were not talking about the Lions play since they're playing well, or Michigan's matchup in the playoffs nope of course its the Mazi Smith thing. 

Its killing him and fellow UM/Lions hater Rico Beard that UM and the Lions are looking good so they got to highlight the one negative thing they could find about them.

Wouldn’t it just have been easier to suspend him for 1 meaningless game either right after it happened or the B10 championship game after it came public.   That would seem to be better leadership  and public relations for all involved.   This seems to be par for the course with Warde.  

28 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I thought it was quite ironic that he lamented about the media not covering the story.

Sir. You are the media.

I lasted two minutes before I turned the station. It’s just inflammatory nonsense.

He talked about it quite a bit and is still talking about it.  He’s referring to the local print and TV media as well as ESPN who he feels hammers MSU but gives UM a free pass.  

Edited by Hongbit

54 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Wouldn’t it just have been easier to suspend him for 1 meaningless game either right after it happened or the B10 championship game after it came public.   That would seem to be better leadership  and public relations for all involved.   This seems to be par for the course with Warde.  

I think it warrants a 1-game regular season suspension.

Edited by lordstanley

He should have been suspended.   Did you really need him vs. Indiana?     Speeding.  Loaded gun with no CPL and ammo in his pockets driving 50 on a residential street.   They did ask the question today and I think it's fair   "Where exactly were you going and why did you need a gun for it?     This isn't typical college student behavior  (Yeah, I know, they're really employees). 

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

No punishment for breaking the law as long as it can be pleaded down to a misdemeanor.   Interesting precedent being set in Schembechler Hall.    Warde Manuel is starting to resemble the AD version of Urban Meyer.  

WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

you knew this was going to be plead down - and it probably would have been for any ordinary citizen whose hue was light enough.

that would happen to almost every american regardless of the color of their skin.  first offense?  easy decision for any big city prosecutor.

11 hours ago, buddha said:

michigan is pulling in some quality transfers in the portal.  is it possible that they are finally adapting to the new recruiting world?

hope so, because their recruiting class this year is terrible right now.

The Nebraska kid's transfer is a real revelation in this regard.  He's not working on his post-doctorate (yet), he's very talented but you'd imagine that FR transfer credits from a tier 2 B1G academic school are not equiv to Michigan credits (I can say that, right?  Nebraska does not academically equal Northwestern/Wisconsin or Purdue i'd assess). 

14 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Do we know why he left? 

I don’t think it was any one thing. It seems like it had a little to do with how Cade was treated (they were friends) and a little (possibly a lot) to do with his injury and how the UM medical staff handled it. This is a tweet from his father, quoting (a reporter who quotes) All’s private doctor.

FWIW, it seems that All is refusing to (and/or wouldn’t be able to) allow UM doctors to respond. Which is his right, and I wouldn’t encourage him to do any different. (Though I would encourage him to stop talking about Michigan and let his game at Iowa do the talking)… Just taking it all with a grain of salt because who knows what the other side of the story is. Michigan Medicine is not substandard.

15 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Michigan Medicine is not substandard.

Having an SO that did 30 yr there, I can say my impression is that the overall tenor of the place is an advanced but still conservative practice attitude. Yes it is a great medical research institution at the cutting edge, but patients with everyday issues are not viewed as potential experimental subjects.

Edited by gehringer_2

30 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think it was any one thing. It seems like it had a little to do with how Cade was treated (they were friends) and a little (possibly a lot) to do with his injury and how the UM medical staff handled it. This is a tweet from his father, quoting (a reporter who quotes) All’s private doctor.

FWIW, it seems that All is refusing to (and/or wouldn’t be able to) allow UM doctors to respond. Which is his right, and I wouldn’t encourage him to do any different. (Though I would encourage him to stop talking about Michigan and let his game at Iowa do the talking)… Just taking it all with a grain of salt because who knows what the other side of the story is. Michigan Medicine is not substandard.

Michigan Medicine is at such a high standard that their doctors should not be questioned is the same mindset that allowed Dr. Anderson to operate for more than 4 decades.     

Edited by Hongbit
  • Thanks 1